Latest dig in Hannibal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Yeah Plum, there are supposedly some early pharms with pontils and a local pontiled bitters bottle I'd love to dig, even damaged! Then there is the Grone & Durhold (DurholT) sodas from Quincy. They had an early outlet here in Hannibal and sold out in the early 60's. I dig the ones embossed Quincy here in Hannibal, so I presume the operation was too small for them to order a separate mold and simply used their Quincy stock as I have never heard or seen one embossed Hannibal. Regardless, they are always a nice fin, esp. due to misspelling Durholt. I have half a dozen now, 4 ip, 2 smooth based. Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Thanks jars, it would have taken over first place to my pint sized "The Ball Pat. Appld For" lightning style jar. Not that I am big into jars, but some are pretty cool. I almost left the Ball jar on the dump heap! After all, it's just a Ball jar, right? I only brought it home cuz of the small size and ground lip. Was I surprised when I looked it up in my red book! I bring just about everything home now! HA! Jack

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Ahhh I miss the pontiled holes. Great digs. I never cared if I got few good ones from an old pontiled pit. You made out with that haul!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Thanks Rick, I'm always amazed how the plain puffs escape damage, even the flaired lips, while the super thick fruit jar gets beat up! Go figure......Jack

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Very nice haul, and for me, almost a local dig, being from Kansas City. I have an IP Durholt that I got in Quincy in the 1970's some time. Glad to see that you have found some neat bottles in your adventures.

Scott

beendiggin

Reaction score
Congrats that is an amazing bunch of finds. That would keep me happy for years!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler