Like a kid in the candy store!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Sorry about the necks ..should have thought to manipulate these pics when resized them

40A2B4C10B024106B5704C3B1D785D63.jpg

Attachments

• 40A2B4C10B024106B5704C3B1D785D63.jpg
    40A2B4C10B024106B5704C3B1D785D63.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 90

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
one last of the eagle flask! Thanks for looking! HH Ace

3E78AB4FA2CA4705AA2F4A4FBB84D761.jpg

Attachments

• 3E78AB4FA2CA4705AA2F4A4FBB84D761.jpg
    3E78AB4FA2CA4705AA2F4A4FBB84D761.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 84

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words PD and Jim. Like I said probably never have another day like that one again!! But one can always dream. I will definately be going to any of this estate sales company's sales if they have bottles or other stuff I like and hope I can at least get a few more good buys!! Sorry about the tags being on but I did not remove them until after I took the initial pics that night. I need to take some better pics now as those are not that great and were just kinda done on a whim because I was so excited, didn't really plan on being able to find something like that!! Yep just goes to show you deals are still out there and to keep your eyes open. If I had not looked at that ad for this particuler estate sale and see that flask I probably never would have thought to make a point and go to that one!! Very lucky for me I did!! Thanks again!! HH Ace

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Thanks Joe, Dan and Ron! Much appreciated! Hey Ron you find out any more info on that Davis Kidney bitters bottle? I looked some more but still nothing new. HH Ace

jays emporium

Reaction score
Hey Ace, where are you located in Texas? I'm in Victoria and don't see many Texas collectors on here.
Nice finds at the estate sale. I go to sales every week and find good bottles occasionally, but by good I mean embossed crown top sodas or something like that, never a historical flask around here. I keep dreaming though of finding some original figural bitters that the seller thinks are Wheatons. Could happen as dumb as some of these professional estate sale people are about bottles.
Jay

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
great deal on the cathedral inks.
The shaft & globes are Jamestown repros but you still got a good deal on them.

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Jay, thanks! Yes I was exceptionally lucky but I find most of what I find by going on to Craigs list and by going on to a site call Estate sales . net. I hope I am not breaking any rules of the forum by bringng up any other sites but since these are not other forums I am guessing its ok. These have been my mainstays and I have added several decent bottles from a few bitters to a black glass ale bottle because of garage or estate sales I have found through them. I also scored a diamond and lattice poison in mint condition withthe stopper and 2 John Wyeth meds with dose caps for a very good price from a guy whose father was a Pharmacist and collected and left all his collection to his sons when he passed on.

I live in a "small" town just north of Austin called Cedar Park. Its not really not that small but it used to be! The areas around Austin have exploded in the last 10 years and really are just an extension of Austin. The rest of what I find has been at garage sales locally, speaking of which I went by one of our neighbors garage sales this past weekend. He is an oldtimer that originally lived in the Michigan and Wisconsin areas and had some cool hutch bottles and others from a lake there where they drained it to repair a dam and he and several people there went out and dug up lots of stuff. I surprisingly don't have any hutches in my collection but I will soon as they will be out of town this week for the holidays and since a I did not have any real cash on me he said he would save them for me and we could make a deal on the dozen or so he has when they get back. They were pretty clean, nothing exceptional or rare but they are ones I don't have and some are mug based which I think is very cool!! Anyways if I ever get north and have some time love to see your collection and talk old glass and same if you are down in these parts you are welcome to stop by!!!

I have only been collecting seriously in the last 7 or 8 years and I am not as "experienced" as alot of others on this forum especially when it comes to digging as I have done very little, but I love to talk to others who have alot more experience and knowledge. I love history and I love old bottles and I love the 1800's and and just about anything that came from that time period! Anyway sorry fo the book! HH Ace

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen