Like a kid in the candy store!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Matt thanks, yes it was an awesome deal. the fact that they were mint and there together at all was surprising.

As you can imagine I about broke my neck after grabbing those as quickly as possible and trying to see what else they had there!!! I was starting to think maybe I was still asleep and dreaming it especially after I found the GII-73 and saw the price on it! By the way you have a very cool and well put together website!! I have not looked through it completely but I was on there a while back as I actually stumbled upon and it and then saw the link from one of your posts the other night and "rediscovered" it again and it is now saved as one of my favorites. HH Ace

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Joe thanks again and yes Round Rock is vey close only about 10 to 15 mins away depending on where you are in Cedar Park as the "crow" flies. Sorry couldn't resist!! If your ever down this way give me a holler or a shout as folks in your area might say! HH Ace

jays emporium

Reaction score
Ace,
I'll be in Austin this weekend at Citywide Garage Sale show at Palmer events center Sat and Sun. I'll be set up with bottles and other collectibles. Come by if you get a chance and introduce yourself. I have lots of old bottles for sale or trade. I'm carrying a bunch of Texas crown top and Hutch sodas to shows right now as well as other bottles.
Jay

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Jay,

Probably won't be able to make it on Saturday as I have stuff going on and relatives visiting but if I get the chance to break away Sunday I might just come down as I have not been to the Citywide one since earlier this year and I try to catch it a few times a year. If I am there I will drop by and at least say hi and check out your booth. HH Ace

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Jay,
Sorry I didn't get to make it down to the City-Wide. Ended up waiting on the little one's Grandparents and by the time they showed up and we decided to get out of the house it was after 2 pm and we had to be back up this way by 5 pm so I blew off heading down there. Not sure when you will be there with a booth again but hopefully I can make it then. Hope you had a good turn out this weekend. Take care!! HH Ace

jays emporium

Reaction score
The next Austin Citywide show is Jan 28-29 and I do plan to set up then. I probably won't bring the Texas sodas again but will bring lots of other bottles. Are there any categories you collect? I only sold 17 bottles at the Nov show but sports cards and beer advertising sold real well making a good show. Hope you can make it in Jan.
Jay

glass man

Reaction score
When you saw these bottles...did your eyes bout pop outa your head?My wife has always given myself away when I see something good cause of the look that comes over my face!

MAN GLAD FOR YOU!!!!JAMIE

Gromit0299

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Congrats!!!  Good for you.  I think many of us hope to happen upon a sale like that at least once in our lifetime.  Too bad we have to go to hundreds hoping the same will happen.  Nice!

PD

That's because living in the northeast (and us, especially being near Philadelphia, I think it's only slightly better where you are up north), getting lucky like that would be about as lucky as winning the lottery.

And you know, good for you, Ace. Their lack of research on their part, is totally your gain. I'm surprised, as an Estate broker, they didn't know better, but I feel slightly vindicated through your win. [;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen