Like a kid in the candy store!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Jay,
I will try and make the next one in January. I mostly like cures, meds, sodas and bitters. But in the past I have collected anything that caught my eye. I have a varied albeit not a large collection. From inks, a few poisons, food, meds, cures, some bitters, sodas, beers and I have been collecting some acl and embossed newer sodas. I think I will have to start to scale down and maybe just pick a couple of catagories or niche areas to collect. I would like to collect more colored blob sodas and historical flasks but those are hard to come by unless you go to online auctions or ebay etc. As you know those are not very prevalent in this area. Other than that, Texas meds and cures , older crude pontiled meds and maybe some Texas Pharmacy bottles and Texas sodas of all kinds are areas I would like to concentrate on. That and I will always have a soft spot for bitters!! There is just so many cool variaties!!
As you can tell gonna be hard for me to keep them narrowed down but my wife I'm sure will keep me in check!!!

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Jamie thanks for the comments! Yes my eyes about popped out when I saw those inks and I nearly broke my neck and took out an elderly lady trying to get to that flask!! I don't think she appreciated my enthusiaism as much some on here might!! Yep my wife pretty knows when I see some old or antique bottles I am gonna stop and look. She is like oh here we go again!!! But she likes some of them and appreciates the fact I have a positive hobby or obsession depending on what day you ask her!! Take care!! HH Ace

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Gromit thanks for the kind words. Yes you would think that it would benefit these Estate brokers to know thier stuff at least enough to keep it in the ball park. I expect that when I go to some of the Antique dealers that their prices are usually way off and typically the other direction as in waaaay too high!! I went to another Estate sale this weekend and even though they had reduced all the stuff as it was the afternoon of the last day of this sale most of the stuff was still priced over what alot of the things are currently going for in the market.

You would think some of this stuff was made out of gold, not glass or non precious metals. Now not everything was that way but alot of it was.
I did find a box of some older bottles that had a few newer embossed and acl sodas that had been reduced down and were reasonable and I got a few of those but originally they had been over priced as well. I think alot of times they do not do their homework except on well known or high end collectables like furniture etc. I don't know if its because alot of these estates are for the whole households and there is just so much stuff or what?HH Ace

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Well the good thing is that with an Estate sale, you can always bargain, unlike an auction, where unless you know your limit (which really, sometimes, it's worse than gambling), you can easily end up bidding your house on something you really want.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen