Like my steak, make it RARE!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Its_Me_Chris

Reaction score
Found some info on A.A. Cooley and E. Roome, hope it helps...

"While manufacturers or dispensers of such commodities as snuff and shoe blacking sometimes
owned private molds in which their bottles were blown, they usually purchased, either directly
from the factory or through its agents, plain bottles to which they affixed their labels. Sometimes
these bottles are found with their original labels, through which it is often possible to determine
the date or period of the bottle. For example, bearing the label A. Boswick must have been made in
1832 or 1833, for Andrew Boswick, blacking and ink manufacturerat 6 Plain Street, Albany, appears
to have been in business only about a year, as he is not listed in the Albany city directories
before or after 1833.
The snuff bottlewith the molded inscription "E ROOME TROY NEW YORK" was
undoubtedly made between 1844 and 1847, for neither before nor after these dates is ROOME to be
found in the Troy directories. During the brief period of three years he operated a snuff mill located
near Mount Ida, in the section now known as South Troy, and for the last two, maintained a store on
River Street. Sometimes manufacturers used both, bottles blown in their private molds and plain bottles
with paper labels, as shown by the Cooley bottles.
A.A.Cooley, Abial A. Cooley, was listed in the Hartford, Conn, directories from 1841 to 1859 as a
druggist and apothecary with a place of business at 52 State Street & 87 Front Street. It is possible
that he was in business from an earlier date but, since the 1841 Hartford directory was the first to which
we had access, we cannot give his date with certainty." -George S. & Helen McKearin c.1963

If anyone could help me out with info on "F. Brown's Ess of Jamaica Ginger" I would like to know his full name (F.)???
Also, if anyone knows who made "Vegatable Pulmonary Balsam" would greatly be appreciated. Much luck.
Sincerely, Chris.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4