Little green bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Don

Reaction score
I scraped up a small bottle from a train stop that began it's life in the early 1870's.
This was the area's dump site which was just a small ravine on a hill side. This bottle is approx. 3" high and 1/2" in diameter. The neck is about an inch high. There is a seam that stops about 1/2" below the top. Many bubbles in glass. The top is just sheared off, no finish to the top, and is cut at a crude angle, like trying to cut it off level. Is this possibly a perfume bottle? Sorry I don't have digital camera equip.

Bottleman

Reaction score
From the sounds of it you have an early opium bottle. With out a picture i can’t be sure though. They are often found along western railroads because the Asian immigrants use to bring them over from Japan and China when they built the railroad. Here is a picture of some opium viles, does yours look similar? Sorry, the picture wont go through. i will have to try later

~~Tom

Bottleman

Reaction score
Well, i have never had a problem uploading pictures untile now so here is a like to an ebay auction that has some bottles that i hope look like yours: Ebay item

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter