Lloyd's PA Dairy Handbook

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnionCountyPA

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to milk bottle digging/collecting. In my research I've come across references to the Pennsylvania Dairy Handbook by Lloyd. Does anyone out there have any information on this book? Is it available for purchase somewhere?

Thanks!

barfort

Reaction score
I've just posted the info for the Lloyd Dairy Handbook this morning. It is 8 1/2 X 11 with around 360 pages covering all PA counties. Price is $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping to anywhere in PA. Outside state shipping will be calculated. Can be purchased from Brian & Judi Lloyd, 202 Church St, New Alexandria, PA 15670 or on Ebay. Just send us a check and the book will be on its way, or feel free to shop Ebay. The book has been updated to the end of 2014, but Poverty Gulch Dairy has not been added because we have no idea where it was, who owned it or anything. Nobody seems to know anything about it, all we know is that it was around Greensburg, PA. Thank you; Brian & Judi

UnionCountyPA

Reaction score
Brian,Glad to hear the book is back. Somewhere through the grapevine someone gave me your father's phone number. I called him a year or two ago. He was kind enough to print off and send me a few pages of the book for a few bucks. Those pages were very helpful, but I always kept my eyes peeled for the whole book. I ordered one on Ebay today. Question: are the listing in the books dairies that were definitely known to have bottles? I picked up a bottle pick from one of my local towns at an auction. I don't have my pages from Bob handy, but I believe the name is not in the book under Union County. I have never seen or heard of a bottle with this name on it, but I thought I'd mention it. Thanks again for bringing the handbook back. Looking forward to getting it! Dan

barfort

Reaction score
My father said there are a lot of dairies that aren't in the book. He constantly hopes for collectors like you to call or write him with any new info so he can add it to his list and update the book. If you don't mind you can call him at 724-327-3119 or write him at Robert E. Lloyd Sr., 4150 Hills Church Rd, Export, PA 15632. He is constantly searching for new dairies and any info that can update what is already in the book. Thank you for the purchase, book will be in the mail tomorrow. Brian & Judi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday