Long Island milk bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jarhead67

Reaction score
Thanks for replying back about them Mike. I don't actually collect milks, just picked them up along the way. I'm in Missouri and am more interested in local patented medicines (Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri) and pre-pro whiskies right now. I've never sold a bottle for money, but I'm always willing to horse trade. I have no idea what the milk is worth to you, but would be willing to send it to you to evaluate and trade for any bottles from the Midwest ( or ??) that you may want to deal with.

Let me know. I think my email is set up under my ID so you can send pics there or post them here.

cookie

Reaction score
Have a few NY city if you're interested......

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Hello Jeff and Cookie,

I can say that the NYC milks are a hard sell, unless they are tin tops or war bond types, there are vast numbers of them sadly.

Jeff, I have to get in touch with my bottle buddy, Frank, he is the milk man. Right now, I know that he is pretty busy with his home, the house took several direct hits from falling trees in Sandy and did suffer structural and water damage.
We are just collectors, really do not have anything that we sell or even trade.
Now, you mention Pre-Pro whiskies, may I inquire as to what kind? I do have one or two duplicates kicking around, an I. Goldberg sided and a flask.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
cookie, id be interested in any ny city, staten island or brooklyn dairies that you have (especially coney island)

thanks

jarhead67

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Understood about the collecting and not having anything to give up. I'd never ask anyone to consider anything other than a double. I'm liking the flasks right now, but any pre-pro is fine, I'm not picky. I want the milks to go to a good home with a local collector, which is how your post popped up for me. No chips or cracks, some case wear just under the shoulder. I have no problem sending them off to you if interested so you can look at them. That's always the best way to see what's on the table. I'll pay the postage (and return postage if you find you're not interested).

I'm just getting back into the bottle collecting after about 15 years of having things sit in the attic. Most of the items I have, I dug and I keep. The rest are commons I picked up on trade at the shows or club meetings. Just recently got into the eBay buying, where I've discovered a worn hole through my pockets I didn't know I had. I haven't settled on a particular flavor of bottle yet (bitters, whiskies, meds, jars, pepper sauces, etc), I have a little of all. I thought I would get into jar collecting along with the wife, but then found out there are about 8,000 different jars out there so I folded that hand real quick. Grabbing up some commons of everything, missed a few high rollers by a bid, and settling on nothing yet. I have been after some patented meds out of the Midwest that have gotten me into a heap of trouble, but I like those. The few flasks I have are strap sides and some commons. Nothing spectacular.

I'm easy to deal with. I think my PM is set up correctly if you want to shoot me an address.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the A. A. Tuthill bottle, it is wonderful. You did a superb packing job! Everything arrived in tip top shape.

Happy Holidays to all,

Mark-nycflasks

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter