Looking for information about a Dr. Vincent's Egyptian Oil bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wolverine

Reaction score
I found this bottle a few months ago and couldn't find anything about it in the bottle books that I have or on the web. A couple of weeks later I found a Dr. D.B. Vincent's Angel of Life for the Blood San Francisco bottle that has the same panels. I think they might be from the same company. Has anyone found one or have any information about them? I know the Angel of life bottle is in some bottle books, but the Egyptian Oil seems to be unknown. I'm new to this site but not to bottle hunting and I see a lot of people on here know a lot about bottles so I thought I would post. Thank's for any help.
Wolverine. I don't know how to post more than one picture yet or to compress the image and still have a bigger picture. I will try again later.

F0766C46465F4EEB934DDF18F91A8C7E.jpg

Attachments

• F0766C46465F4EEB934DDF18F91A8C7E.jpg
    F0766C46465F4EEB934DDF18F91A8C7E.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 120

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Dave:

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing that bottle. One of our members, Matt Knapp, has very recently published a very informative book on Medicine Bottles. It's been a great help. He lists 3 bottles by D.B. Vincent including the Angel of Life but not your example. He lists all Vincent's bottles as very pricy so yours would probably be in the $500 +/- range. That is correct, HUNDREDS. I am astounded but then, what do I know?

Please take some more pictures and try to post them here on this thread, don't star another. If you have problems with sizing and such you can send them to epackage or surfaceone and they can help. One or the other will probably pop up here soon to also make that offer. I'd offer but I'd just screw it up.

Please follow up, as an outnumbered Westerner here I like it when the Western bottle show up.[:D]

JohnN

Reaction score
If you want, I can resize them for you. Email them to XXXXXXXXXXXXX. I have found that resizing to 800x600 is perfect.

JohnN

Reaction score

SaguaroJen

Reaction score
Hi!

I know nothing of bottles but I can tell you about the doctor. :)

Dresser Beecher Vincent was born in New York in 1826. He was a carpenter for many years - listed as such in El Paso in 1860 and San Francisco in 1867. In 1870 he was back in Sherman, NY with his parents and listed as a physician. A few months later he married and moved to Coldwater, Michigan. In 1880 he was listed as a physician in Coldwater but in 1900 (the 1890 census is not available) he was listed as a "Pat Medicine Manufacturer" and in 1910 as a "Medicine Manufacturer". He died in Coldwater, MI in 1912.

Not being a bottle collector, I likely won't be back to this forum unless someone replies. I found D.B. Vincent's name here while searching for more information on him. I'd like to add one of your bottle photos to my family tree. Hope that's okay with you!

~Jen

SaguaroJen

Reaction score
Yes. He's a distant rellie of my husband. I was just looking at his stone:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8031034
Dead rellies and stones are my hobby. :p

Wolverine

Reaction score
I don't want you guys to think i'm being rude by not replying to this update but i thought you should know I have been it contact with Jen and with her help I am researching this bottle and will update this post to let you know more information when I get it.
Wolverine,

botlguy

Reaction score
Wolverine. Thank you for that update. Some of us get mildly irritated when threads we are interested in just drop off. Happens a lot unfortunately. Newbies ask a question and then disappear. Please do let us know what you find.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75