lucky me hit the jackpot if only i knew more about them

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
"Jackpot" would depend on if you are thinking money or if the bottles appeal to you. No, they won't bring any money, but if you are starting a collection and like them, then you did good. You've already got a good run of colors and molds. That's pretty much how I started, with what would be considered junk by most now. A collection will evolve over time if you're into it for the long haul. I started 40 years ago, and can't imagine life without old bottles.

lurrey

Reaction score
those are just some check my collection post

sunrunner

Reaction score
the trouble with machine made bottles and jars, is that they have been making them the same way for 90 years . .Now if they made a soda , milk, or food containers in a mold for a limited time , then rarity comes in to play , and it may have collectability. straight side coca cola bottles are a good example .

sandchip

Reaction score
lurrey said:
those are just some check my collection post

I checked those out, and my reply would be the same. Like I said, if you're in this because you like old bottles, you've got a good enough start, but if you're only in them for the money, you've got a hard row to hoe.

lurrey

Reaction score
oh no i just like collecting them but i just offer to sell too

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Eric, dunno if this is of much help as it isn't a flask, but Ball made more than jars--or at least a "Ball" did. I don't know if you can read it, as I can't seem to not shake, but the center of the picture reads as "Ball" and was (Yes, "was" and not "is") a 1950s (I think) ACL Mission Beverage bottle.

Attachments

• c754f3217c384222b9a8612a1d692a72.jpg
    c754f3217c384222b9a8612a1d692a72.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 58

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks Bear, I did a brief look and it seams as canning declined Ball did a bit of jobbing out, more that I was aware of anyway. I'm sure the story is much bigger than just that simple. [:)]I'll look some more.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Ball Glass made a lot of bottle products - besides jars. I think you need to take better pictures or at least spell out what you read on what you have. RED Matthews

sandchip

Reaction score
RICKJJ59W said:
Everybody wants to get rich

I thought everybody wants to rule the world. [:D] Hmmm, now my fergitful asss caint remember who done that song...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem