Mabey this would help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jake12

Reaction score
Hi again, I'm Jake as most of you already know I'm a 13 year old with a passion for bottle digging and metal detecting ! I have some more information on the bottle dump that is by my property. In 2006 our house was built , we live in fairly new subdivision in Franklin wi (a small but rapidly growing town ). Before it was a subdivision the area was farm land . I have researched to see if there couldve some old bottles somewere inthe woods or feild and found this. Are property had 2 buildings on it as it is shown in a 1873 or 1876 plat map. It was sold and bought 2 times before my parents bought it back in 2006. There is a foundation in the woods it is kinda buried but I found it. It seems to be shaped like a rectangle and there are alot of yellow cream bricks and piles of old rocks. I found to main dumps or privys too. The first I dug was full of rocks brick ash coal wood bits some glass ect. I have kept on digging and found a 1915 redwing crock. And a cobalt blue screw cap bottle and a screw cap clear bottle. However I did find a marble today and it kinda felt like it kept going down as I dug so far it's about 3 in a half to 4 feet deep. The second pit wad full of bottles but were mostly from Early 1920s to 1960s. My question is If I kept digging fartherdown would there be more older bottles? And from the evidence like bricks and the map would there be some old huchinsons embossed medicines ect... Thank u and any help would be appreciated!!! -Jake

cadburys

Reaction score
You need to use a probe and feel if there is anything underneath, although it is unlikely that you would find Hutchinson's in the same pit as 1960's stuff.

Ant

flasherr

Reaction score
i would dig as far as you can. I do suggest having someone with you when digging deep due to cave ins. You can easily be trapped under lots of dirt and rocks before you know it. believe me i have had stuff fall in on me more than once. Its not safe to dig alone. At least have some one check on you if you are going to be digging alone so they know where you are in case something happens. i hope you find lots of good stuff and can post pictures for us.

Jake12

Reaction score
Yes , I try to be as safe as I can because yes it can be very dangerous however im not very deep so I don't have to worry about that yet. Tommorow I am going to make a video of the dump and show u guys it. My YouTube is madebyjake12

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin