Madame Cossebooms Racist Bleach

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
this isnt milk Glass its more ceramic...

Anyone got any info on the company or is it a reproduction?

madamecossebooms.jpg

Alek77

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, but how on earth is this racist?

Just Dig it

Reaction score
It says Health of woman..Hope of the race on it..and its face bleach

kinda one sided[8|]

Questions Make the world Go round...Keep em coming

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I just watched a documentary about the KKK last night.. did you know in the early 1920's there were around 4 million members??? Geeze!!!!

cadburys

Reaction score
Yeah... and the funny thing is that they were family-oriented too, holding large picnics... I guess they were some social group which just upheld certain moral values. They were nothing like the extreme KKK which emerged in the south in the 60's.
There was a large group here in Bloomington; there are stories of them tarring and feathering a "loose woman" and sending her packing. Also, a woman was getting beaten up by her drunk husband so some of the KKK went around and made him leave town.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Ive seen the documentary on them.Interesting stuff....When i lived in Georgia i walked up on a ceremony in the woods..me and the black kid i hung with at the time (only black kid in my school) probably the town..We ran ike hell.. i often got spanked by the principal for associating with Him and only because of the color of his skin i assure you...It was a paddle with holes in it and they swore they had the right to use it

anyway right before i moved and my mother left my brother and sisters father..One of them Good ol boys who was My Neighbor and in the clan
came on the porch the day we were packing and said why yallz leaving? ill raise yo boy right.mam..come live with me

So i could not love all people for who they are not how they look and be a Klan Member instead of a Digger

all the more reason to belive in parallel universes[;)]

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Looks like a novelty piece to me, seems I remember seeing them in gift shops over the years.

My first brush with the Klan was back in the 60's when they marched down the main street of town (tossing out candy for the kids) on some major holiday along with the rest of the good towns people. The last time I saw a group was at a meeting in a field when they burned a huge cross, Beatles records, beatles pictures and sang racist songs. For years there was a white billboard sign along the road with a black painted peace sign, beside this was written "Foot print of the American chicken." Now mind you I was bottle hunting this same area and finding more stills than old bottles.

RedGinger

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if it's repro or not. You guys have some wild stories. Hard to believe there are still people out there like that. Thank God you're a bottle digger, JDI!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Intense times you lived Buffalo hunter..I just had that one brush and it was enough..Yeah red i wouldnt want to be that narrow minded thats for sure..Its probably a repro..just interesting thats all..Enjoy your day everyone Ive got dirt to move

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause