Maine hutch dug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hi guys, I dug this hutchinson soda a ways back, anyone ever see one? I'll post it under "soda" thread too. The bottle reads " B.F. HALEY / BIDDEFORD / MAINE ". It's banged up pretty good, but it could be rare? Thanks for any info. Bram

ps I wondered it anyone was able to check out the privy digging video I listed in my last post. I didnt get any responses, so I didnt know if I had written down the wrong web address. It's at "Cowboyblacksmith.com" and you read through to the section on "privy probes' and then down at the bottom of that page it says "privy video". It will make you want to go out and dig :)

Bram

Rp42628.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42628.jpg
    Rp42628.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 88

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Bram, Cool bottle. Don't have any info on it but your friends web site is great. Loved the video and he's got some cool stuf for sale at great prices.

portland med. man

Reaction score
most b.f haley`s are pretty rare they used to do stoneware beer or soda`s as well . and if i can remember maybe a druggist bottle or 2 , nice find and probably worth a few pennies to a hutch collector.... ive` only dug a few hutches in 15 or so years .... cheers

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey Bram, nice ME hutch. Benjamin F. Haley was a bottler in Biddeford from 1871-1897. His sons Alonzo and Charles did some bottling as well, both with and without their dad. I have a copy of an ad from 1888 stating that Benjamin Haley bottled California pop beer, root beer, tonic, ginger ale, sarsaparilla and lemon soda. There are a number of Haley stoneware bottles but just two Haley hutches. Yours should have monogramed initials on the backside along with a 'This Bottle not to be Sold'. The other hutch is 1/2 inch shorter with a slug plate. There are only around 16 different hutch bottles from Maine, nothing like Pennsylvania which has a few thousand different types.

Later - Sam

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem