Mary Gregory barber bottles anyone?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Bob - It looks like you used a flash and it is not backlit. I'm building yet another display - built-in, in the form of a bookcase with a backlit display above a doored section for books. I've been searching and shopping for non textured white panels for the back to place lights behind it. These are VERY expensive, at least on the web.

bobclay

Reaction score
Meech,

BTW, don't know a thing about the 2 you posted in the jars forum, but sure like the folksy look of the 'rooster jar'! [:)]

Yup, have to use a flash with my cheapie camera. If you look at the pic above real closely, you can see I took 3 pics and combined them to make the one. Luckily, I've used Photoshop for over 10 years now so it wasn't too big of a problem.

Good luck with the back lit shelving! I've seen it done successfully before and it REALLY makes the glass looks good, especially colors! I have seen pics of one fella's display of colored fruit jars that is a whole wall backlit and it is superb!

Here are my wife's favorite bottles:

grnmgbb.jpg

These are my favorites, especially the one in the middle, "Cherub in Fountain"

bestbbs.jpg

Bob

California Dream N

Reaction score
Call it a small or large collection. This is a group of bottles that anyone would be proud of.....Beautiful... I am envious...Congratulations on this wonderful and gorgeous bit of History..Norene

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Again, thank you for the kind words! [:)]

Gunther, at one time I had right at 3000 fruit jars in my old home. Four of these display boxes, over 300 running feet of shelving in the den alone and jars almost anywhere I could find a spot to put one. It truly did get out of hand! A very near miss by one of our Okie tornadoes made me really rethink my priorities, so I started selling off most of my jars. And I have seen a few barber bottle collections that were MASSIVE, so I really consider this one small. Nice quality, but small.

When we moved into this house, I vowed I'd never make the same mistake twice and limited myself to only this one display box which I had full of colored fruit jars. We kept the wife's bottles in a lawyer's bookcase. As I sold the colored jars I began moving her collection into the display box and eventually, it took over the entire thing. It holds 51 bottles nicely and we have made up our mind that it will never get any larger than 51 bottles. If/when it gets to that amount, (there's only 45 there now) anytime a new one comes in, an old one will go out.

May not work, but it's a good theory on paper ain't it? [;)]

Bob

WSP

Reaction score
THANKS, for posting these really nice barber bottles! I haven't been on here in a while, very nice. And the circa info was good. I've seen these but didn't know the age. I figured some of the european pontiled barber bottles might go into the 20's & 30's but wasn't sure. I have lots of barber bottles but never any of these. Would make a nice article in a bottle magazine. I have mostly opalescent. Still looking for a cranberry spanish lace (corset type mold, I have a sq one) Looking forward to more postings!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1