Mason jar gets $1,600+ ?????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Maybe that too but I think the Homer Brooke connection is what makes it stand out. He was an important figure in the mould industry, maybe more so than Yokel and others.I think it was the national insulator club that did a large writeup on him.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Leon, I would guess you will find one gallon jar for every 500 (maybe more) half gallon Masons Improved jars. I think you can count the known number of different gallon fruit jars on one hand.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Erick I would like to read more about this Homer Brook mold maker. If you can direct me to the information - I would appreciate it. RED Matthews

sandchip

Reaction score
If the insulator collectors knew about this, they probably got in on the bidding too. As Eric said, he was a big name in the insulator business. There's a shade of blue named after him as well.

David Fertig

Reaction score
Red Book 10 lists it at $1750-2250 with the closure worth 50 percent of that. The band looks exceptionally clean, but the listing in the book leads me to believe that the insert is not for that jar. And I still hate jars.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26