May be a bit odd of a question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kwalker

Reaction score
Awesome. This is looking better and better everyday. I stopped by and saw the truck yesterday. It smells a little funny on the inside and the engine needs a new belt and some tuning. But all and all this is gonna be an awesome truck I know it [:)] The color is really nice, a little darker than the picture. I gotta say I'm pretty excited...and I don't get excited very easily [&:]

Stardust

Reaction score
You can set a dish of vinegar in the truck overnight to absorb he smells. My mom used to use a dish of ammonia for bad odors overnight. I'm glad you're having a good time ; )
[8|]

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I have 3 vans. One of them is an '01 Ford Windstar that I paid $200.00 for 5 years ago with "vinyl flames" down the sides. It had the interior chewed out by a rottweiller, totally gone. I bought 2 interior front seats for $50 and it now is pushing 200K. That van has taken JoeTheCrow and I to the Keene and Rochester shows as well as many a dig site. I agree with the regular oil change AND the tranny fluid change too. My friends may laugh, but my monthly insurance for all 3 vehicles is less than $100.00 and I don't owe a nickle on any of them!

PD

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Jim

Eric just reminded me of something that is VERY important to mention. Northern states like PA, NY and NJ use salts and chemicals for winter road maintenance that are extremely corrosive to vehicle undercarriages. I fix a lot of exhausts, fuel lines, brake lines and parking brake cables that get rusted apart, plus it kills floor pans, cross members, spring hangers and body mounts. These can be a lot of $$$ to fix, and can render an otherwise good vehicle junk if left go too long.

Joe (Joethecrow) had a post a while back about road salt damage on his Ranger.

It's not much fun getting out the hose in the dead of winter and spraying out the underside of your truck, but it IS worth it. Washing off the corrosive chemicals will save you a lot of premature rust problems. I have seen older vehicles that spent their lives in the south, and it is hard to believe how much better they look underneath from not being subjected to road salt. ~Jim

Kenneth,...Real nice ride! Best of luck with it.

Jim,...great point and It can't be stressed enough!....The salt consumes vehicles.....The rusted parts Jim was referring to was a result of ONE season of missing my chance to spray the undercarriage of my truck with oil before the snow came.....Ate up the rear spring perches and some surrounding mtal...but we caught it in time. Here's my high mileage 99 Ranger as it looks right now...There are a few other of these around town the same year.... but they are all riddled and streaked with rust. Proper care shows. Sorry for the smallish pic,...I have tough time resizing for general chat.

75BEF3D29D5E449E9D9F3D6CD7A07BE5.jpg

Attachments

• 75BEF3D29D5E449E9D9F3D6CD7A07BE5.jpg
    75BEF3D29D5E449E9D9F3D6CD7A07BE5.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member