McKearin, Wilson Updates

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
We know they're the best so far but lets try and update this now 34 year old work. I'm thinking of just the flask list, nothing else. That would be WAY to much. Post yours by four categories. I'll add more if needed. Please note which one you are adding to.

New Mold: The obviously different mold, meaning add a, b, c, etc.
New Colors: Not shades of amber/green etc. but if aqua in noted, tell if you've seen amber.
Description or Picture Corrections: If you noted an error, tell about it.
Deletions: If you think the description is more of a mold wear/repair issue

I lost my bigger list but I think I still have some from each, I want to double check them first.
I still have to think of a way to arrange this into a data base. Any suggestions?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
New Colors:
GXIII-79 pint, amber and aqua
GXIII-80 clear, aqua and amber
Description or Picture Correction:
Upper picture (I think) is GIII-10, lower is GIII-11
New Mold:
GXII-39b (unlisted) Frank Union/Cannon differences.
This one is marked "W. FRANK & SONS PITTS. (small s and period)" not Wm. It has 13 stars with the 11 as the GXII-38 but it is a pint. 22 leaves on left and 25 on right. 5 stripes and I think 12 stars in the flag. Even though it's the boldest embossing I've seen in a long time, they're hard to count. The spokes (if you count the partials) look like 6 and 6, front slightly off the ground. The flag pole touches the ground, the 6 cannon balls are floating. 3 lines on tongue

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Eric, This seems like a major undertaking. I know that Steve A. has done a lot of error and mistake and big time collective postings about a lot of things that have been put in earlier books, but the authors - can't always know every thing. I will watch the thread. RED M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday