Member passing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
I was saddened to read on the Western Bitters News site that caldigr2 has passed away. I did not know Mike well but I do know that he was an avid digger and collector for many years. Certainly a loss to the bottle community. It was Mike who hung the carpetbagger moniker on me when reading a post about an east coast dig I was on. May he rest in peace.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
He will always be remembered by the people he dug and collected with, I remember a few exciting times with Mike out in the wilds huntng the glass that we all love. rest in peace, our good friend....Andy

epackage

Reaction score
Very sad to hear that, he sure had a great way abut him when it came to bottles, and a great spirit even though he was sick. My thoughts and prayers to his family...[&o]

splante

Reaction score
didnt know him but enjoyed some of his post. RIP and thoughts and prayesr out to his friends and family

ktbi

Reaction score
I bought a great bottle from Mike at the Expo in Reno this past summer. We visited for awhile and he talked about his illness. Very sorry to hear about this. Good person....

surfaceone

Reaction score
MikeDolcini_1994.jpg

Sad news, indeed. He had a great passion for and greater talent for digging beautiful glass.

He had a long battle.

There were some great photos of him on the hunt here.

Happy trails, Mike.

BuffaloOPS-1.jpg
From.

Jim

Reaction score
Mike will be missed. I always enjoyed his digging stories, and seeing his killer beautiful bottles. I knew he had battled some health problems, but I didn't realize how serious it was. RIP, buddy. ~Jim

lexdigger

Reaction score
I got to know Mike through arrowhead hunting. He is one of the Main reasons I dig bottles today. He spotted the tell tail signs of a bottle dump in some of my arrowhead hunting pictures back in 05. Sure enough, he was right.
When that dump was gone and he saw that I had been bitten by the bottle bug, he suggested I try privy digging... and even sent me my first probe rod that he personally built. It has sank its way into some good pits and I would have never learned if it wasn't for Mikes guidance and encouragement.
We had planned to visit each other and dig some pits together. Never got the chance, but he will always be with me in spirit. Mike was a Man who pulled No punches and had a heart of gold. If there are any pits to be dug in Heaven... I'm sure he's already found one and dug it!!! Rest in Peace Digger!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen