metal detectors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
I am wanting to buy a two box detector. Has any one ever used on or own one? are they easy to use? which one is the best. Which one is the best is my real question:)). I know about kellyco. Thats where I bought my minelab and garrett single coil. Just want some feedback befor I commit to buying .

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
a two box is used for some serious depth, I have used one sparingly, never like it, I use 3 differant MDer now, single coils. they seem to do the trick for me, each one is used for differant soils, they say a Nautilus will go deep and find the deep iron

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I agree with Caretaker on this . I do not own one, but a hunting buddie of mine does and we have used it several times looking for pits. It is called a Mega B two box. They were originally developed for finding pipelines and are great for that purpose. We have indeed found a couple of pits with it but have found 3 times as many with a standard single coil machine. They are heavy and cumbersome to operate for an extended amount of time. You can also forget about finding smaller items. I cannot recommend the best one as I have only had experience with the one. Kelley

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Never found anything, I have been using Garrets for 6 years now and with some of the single coil machines, you can add a depth magnifier on it, makeing it a two box machine it was to heavy, I just learned to do it with the one coil, I don't want to dig 8 feet down anyway, no matter how much gold there is haha, if I dig that deep, I want to dig threw bottles[:D]

bottleboy311

Reaction score
While you are talking about metal detectors, my mom bought a Fisher M-Scope model 1235-X a few years ago. She never used it and it is still in it's box. I been wanting to buy one for the last 4 or 5 years, and never had. She had a stroke and can't use it, and said I could have it. My question is: Is this a good brand and model to start out with or should I sell it on ebay and use the money I get for it with additional funds to buy a better one?

Lee

capsoda

Reaction score
The M-Scope is a very good one to start with. I would suggest you start with it untill you get the hang of detecting and then maybe try somethi ng else.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli