Michigan Diggers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historyhunter

Reaction score
I am dying to dig a privy. Even if its labor only first time. I am extremely nervous to try and get permissions. The other day I asked my first homeowner and she told me it was dipped. HOWEVER I do not think they dug deep enough. Anyhow I am looking for local diggers and maybe a group to get involved with privy digging. I have tons of older homes around my area as well. Well if anyone out there is digging anywhere near GennesseeOakland county and needs labor, Id love to learn the ins and outs of privy digging. I know what I can from research and watching posts but Id love to get hands on and maybe meet some people to dig with. Thanks for your time.

Dave

MIdigger

Reaction score
Got to be someone who can help you. I only dig dumps myself.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
if you can find your way up to bey city we can start goin door to door. most people are nice, or we can go to crack houses in saginaw and just start diggin. let me know

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
meant BAY CITY. i guess it would be pronounced the same regardless of spelling right?

historyhunter

Reaction score
Id be interested in anything that didnt get me shot. Bill did drop me his number. So hopefully I can link up with somebody soon. I am anxious.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
lol i think the last couple times i dug or looked for places to dig i was watching my back the whole time for fear of being mugged or shot. one guy asked bill for 50 cents and was pissed when he didnt fork over cash. violent big cities are probably the best place to dig because of the amount of abandoned homes to scout. its always nice to get a good place it a small town so you can relax but the reality is you just dont come across too many folks that will let you dig up their yard.

this is a rough area but hasnt been too bad the last couple times. this is where the 50 cents guy was:
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Cistern-dig-in-Flint/m-476642/tm.htm

and this is in milford, nice folks and very friendly town:
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Milford%2C-MI-looking-for-diggers/m-446729/tm.htm

this last one is in bay city, nobody bugs ya too much here:
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-466528/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm

anytime you are ready let bill or myself know.

yaledigger

Reaction score
i'm pretty new to the whole privy / dump digging. i went on a dug with some of the fellows posting here. real nice guys, very helpful.
would love to go out and explore some more !!!

historyhunter

Reaction score
Nic, just found out your a discgolfer. I am a director in the Flinttown Flyerz. I wonder if Ive played a round with ya at Frankenmuth before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday