might be going to a storage unit auction this weekend

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grizz44

Reaction score
I went to one of those last year after seeing the tv show of course and I was hoping to get a couple of hidden 4 wheelers and a gun or two for a hundred bucks. I didn't see anything great but I was suspicious anyway when the owners took thier own locks off the units instead of cutting them off like on tv. Makes you think they probably did a search already. It was entertaining and didn't cost me anything so go ahead and check it out....

RCO

Reaction score
i'm back from the auction , didn't buy anything , actually didn't even bid on anything only saw 2 units i was interested in and they went for too much $ .
kept some notes to keep track , was 10 units
unit 1 - small bachelor apartment assortment of junk $65
unit 2 - broken doors , ladder and old dresser $ 40
unit 3- old dresser /electornics $ 30
unit 4 - only a bed frame and broken shelf $ 5 and was a hard sell at that
unit 5- the best unit lots of resellable items but not one i though was worth alot $550
unit 6- some tools / windows $ 475
unit 7 -90's era hoard maybe ? lots of stuff packed in but junky $ 375
unit 8 - old tires , battery , junk furniture $ 200
unit 9 - bed bug unit one of the worst units i've ever seen had 5 old gross mattresses and garbage $ 25 and i don't even know why someone paid that for it it was nasty
unit 10 - 74 mercedes car , but was obvivously a repair project and engine removed from car $ 475

overall i'm glad i didn't buy anything as it wasn't very good quality stuff and the only 2 units i liked were tools and assortment unit went for way too much i would of paid $200 but not what they went for

epackage

Reaction score
I want to be rich enough to fill a huge unit with empty boxes from Tiffany, Royal Doulton and all kinds of other high end boxes, then I want to go to the auction and bid it up like crazy until I drop it on some sucker....[;)]

This is a great idea for storage unit companies that have empty units they want to make cash on as well... I hope this post is read by someone who decides to do it so they can blow up the whole industry...[8D]

RCO

Reaction score
whats odd is that around here there doesn't seem to be many " regular " auctions anymore like the kind they'd have at peoples homes . they seem to be few and hard to find anymore but storage auctions are the big thing and draw large crowds . myself i'd rather buy one good item than 100 items i maybe didn't even need or not sure i could even resell . like at this auction there was only 2 units i could of made money on and that was only if i got them cheap or around $100-$200 i can't honestly see how the guy who paid $550 is going to make a profit on that unit, there was a few neat items but no way it held that much value

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter