Milk bottles Rare?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ellisnowens

Reaction score
Went digging found 2 quart size bottles.I was wondering if these are rare and the value. Cooperdale Dairy and on base of bottle Forest Hills I.L and a slugplate bottle Hudsons Modern Dairy Pasteurized Jacksonville, ILL

7D7B7A8426B444A6B67B6FB672F2613C.jpg

Attachments

• 7D7B7A8426B444A6B67B6FB672F2613C.jpg
    7D7B7A8426B444A6B67B6FB672F2613C.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 71

smithman29

Reaction score
Ellisnowens: Thanks for posting pictures of the 2 milk bottles. Without knowing anything specifically about these two bottles, as they are way outside of my local collecting area, I'd say that perhaps the Hudson's might be the better of the two. Usually slugplate milks, with the block lettered embossed specific name of a dairy or farmer, are much more collectible than generic Dairy names (i.e. HUDSON'S DAIRY vs. COOPERDALE) which are script embossed right onto the body of the bottle with no slugplate. The former implies that the dairy was probably a small time operation and surviving bottles have a better chance of being scarcer than those from a larger, more widespread, operation. Having a cream top further enhances the Hudson's value. Also the smaller the town usually the more desirable the bottle would be...but not always. Also the concentration of local collectors, specific to that area, will determine just how valuable a bottle might be.
If these bottles are keepers, it doesnt matter anyway. If not, listing them on ebay will allow the free market to determine just what each one is worth. Good luck.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
The Cooperdale comes from out my way, very common. The slug plate milks could be goodies......

bombboy

Reaction score
Try this site, might be listed there.
http://www.3gsmilkbottles.com/

Bombboy

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello ellisnowens, I wanted to point out to you that in your picture of the bottle bottom for: FOREST HILLS C O that the little circle in the center between the C and the O is a baffle valve mark. If this is of interest to you please contact me through my homepage or email to bottlemysteries@yahoo.com

Nice bottles I need to add. I like the embossing on the big one. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem