Minature embossed baby bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi group! I found this perfect little specimen this week out digg'n... also recovered on the banking have been 1897 carters inks, cobalt inks, ayers, trues xlixir etc... I think this was the best though! I couldnt believe it when I wiped the dirt off and saw the embossed dog! Anyone have a thought on value? Taz

Qo40862.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40862.jpg
    Qo40862.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Qo40862.jpg
    Qo40862.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 99

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is a couple more of the "common" bottles from the banking.... A glycol thymoline the smallest I ever found 2 3/8" A Paul Westphal auxilator for the hair in clear 6"... Ayers hair bottle aqua 7 1/2"... Johnsons American anodyne, The dreaded 3 in 1 oil...lol... and A F.P. Stone Registered Pharmacist Norway, Me. clear flared lip 5 1/2".... Carters ink clear #5... carters ink aqua 1897, unembossed cobalt ink... These and many more came from less then 5 minutes from the house! Now if only I can fiquere out where they put the pontiled ones!!!! Happt digg'n Taz

Li21301.jpg

old digger

Reaction score
Taz, check out e-bay, I've been watching some of those doll bottles there as we have several and some are going pretty high, lots of bidders, lots of doll collectors looking for these! You guys are sure giving me the digging itch, but even deep woods with deet isn't helping around here right now and those darn little critters sure are hungery!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Old Digger[:)] I guess those blood suckers must be hanging around southern Maine and central New Hampshire this year, (no I don't mean the Massachusetts tourists!) [8D]. I believe Taz is located 'Down East' up the coast, maybe the nearby ocean breeze helps dispel the bugs. Regarding eBay, there's been a thred going for a while whether or not it's a good place to buy or sell bottles. You mention the doll site as a posibility for Taz's baby bottle; I think you might be on to something.[8|] I've recently sold some common Goulden's mustard, Horlick's malted Milk and those RARE and Wonderful Colbalt MOM bottles[;)], in the old glass marble catagory of eBay collectibles. I offer a batch of decent vintage marbles with a bottle thrown in as a ' great vintage container to display them in'. I think a little experimentation may pay off. For instance, why not display an Motor Oil bottle in among the collectible automotive parts/accessories area? Same for elaborately molded ABM bottles, list them in the home decorating area., etc. Of course, a lot of the folks in the eBay discussion are talking about the higher end bottles, but hey, the more commons I sell, the more $ I have available for hihg end purchases![8D]

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey Taz -

Just for your info - F. P. Stone, druggist and pharmacist in Norway from 1889-1920+.
May your digging continue to bring you new treasures!

- Sam

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Norm I live near Conway, N.H. I am on the western side of Maine.... We still got snow on them there mountains, thats why no bugs, they aint hatched yet! I checked ebay out and saw some of the little baby bottles to get a idea on the value... The one I found wont be being listed right away, I like to keep the things I find close to home for history value and maybe someday a article on a my finds![;)] Happy diggn! Taz

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Sorry Taz, I think you did tell me that you were over that way some time ago, I believe you mentioned some old mines? Don't ask me how I got you 'Down East'![8D] You think you have snow, you should have seen it out on the Mission mountains in Montana when I married off my son there June 4th.[;)]. By the way, that picture you posted of your recent finds was great, the colors etc., also those bottles cleaned up awfully nice as well. I do the same, regarding holding on to bottles, that is. Problem is I have an awful lot from when I first started doing this again that really aren't 'collectible'; so I'm moving them out on eBay, yard sales, recycling (ouch). I've given a lot away to kids in the neighborhood to try to get them interested in the local history.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles