more backyard finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tomlivengood

Reaction score
I discovered this site yesterday and have been really enjoying reading the posts and seeing the pictures of all the old bottles. I made my first post yesterday and wanted to show more of what I've found. I bought a property last August with 3.5 acres in northeastern PA. There's a very old stone foundation on the back of the property with all kinds of bottles, old milk cans, gallon jugs and fruit jars all over the place. I have not even dug yet, these are bottles I've found on the surface. Can't wait till spring, I want to start digging!

Ki18016.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18016.jpg
    Ki18016.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 88

madman

Reaction score
yo tom cool finds, sounds like you have found a farm dump, nice sodas!! i bet theres a jackpot just waiting! cant wait to see your digs mike

tomlivengood

Reaction score
not ready to dig yet, mike, going back down to 13 degrees tonight.
warren, the embossing on the one to the left of 7 up reads Stegmaier Wilkes Barre, PA
then working right is Utica Club, next is 6 fluid ounces property of como beverage company, and last is stone's carbondale beverage company contents 7 fl oz and Carbondale, PA

capsoda

Reaction score
The Como Beverage Co is a 1924 style Coke Cola soda water bottle and the are very collectable. Good one.

Very nice Stones too.

monsterdigger

Reaction score
If the 7up says duraglas on the bottom its from the 40's. pretty good finds i find the same stuff around old houses here in illinois...Jake

Lynette

Reaction score
Hi - noticed that 7-up bottle you found ....would you be willing to sell it and ship it to canada?

tomlivengood

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the 7 up bottle at the top of this post is worth? I was contacted by a member who wants to buy it. I'll give it to her for shipping costs if they are not valuable, but I want to make sure I'm not giving away something with a lot of value.
Any responses would be appreciated.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Tom, Thats the oldest of that style bottle. It has 8 bubbles around the 7up logo. The later ones had 7 bubbles. I don't think it's a big bucks bottle though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau