More diving finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Kyle, they just nible away like a mosquito. because it was so warm I only had my short wetsuit on so plenty of bare skin to nibble on.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey John, When it comes to shrimp I nibble back.[8D] Those are awsome finds, The wife loves the castor oil. [:D]Is that gin sealed.[:)]

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Hi Warren, these are tiny shrimp take a lot to make a feed. It is a nice castor oil in great condition, the gin has a seal on the shoulder.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey "Aussumbottlo"

John, what a terrific dive you had!!![8D] Great looking bottles man... congratulations... man what a haul[;)]

Hey, as far as the biting shrimp, you might want to try a set of full length, one piece "Lycra" diveskins... they come in various colors and a lot of divers around here where them under the complete wetsuit for another layer of warmth. It might be just what you need to cover up the rest of the exposed skin to keep the "fleas" and shrimp away... worth a try.[;)]

Wayne

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne,

I have ordered what we call a sun suit and hope that will work but on the other hand I always yhought I wold look good in lycra lol.

I have only covered a very small area of this site so will have a few more trips back. As we are 400klm from the nearest sea there are not a lot of divers to help so it will take me a while.

John

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey John...

You're doing it the right way though... slow, taking your time, methodical.

I was a police officer for nearly 17 years and did a lot of underwater recoveries and searches. I learned to take my time, using established search patterns and such. It has really helped me out in my bottle searches! I check areas that my diving buddy said he searched, and I find all kinds of things... but then again, I'm into rolling over tree trunks, moving stumps, small boulders and big pilings too!

My theory is that if a bottle rolls around, it will come into contact with something, lay up next to it and then get covered over, unless it gets stuck right in the mud and gets covered up...

Anyway, you sure produce a lot of nice stuff!! I wouldn't mind picking up something from Australia in trade for a nice Stoddar piece that I find...[:-] Keep in touch.

Wayne

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Wayne,

When I first approached the owner of this site he said to me that the site had been dived and that there was nothing left. It goes to show that slow and methodical is the way to.

There are a lot of logs laying in the mud and thats where they are. The water is between 6 to 12 feet deep and river is about 30 feet wide at the moment with very low flow due to drought so I set up lines and anchor points to keep my bearings.

John

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Nice work John...

That's the way to do it. I dig on one side of a log, piling or limb and then roll it into the dug out spot. Then I see all the bottles poking out from the exposed edge on the other side of the log... It stirs the bottom up a bit, but when it clears enough to see, it's an awesome site to behold!!! Good luck, stay safe and keep those photos coming! You're making us Yankee divers jealous[>:]

Wayne

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hi Again John...

I haven't been able to get out bottle diving for a couple of weeks now, so I am really having "the shakes"[&:] I took the camera out again and photographed an item I found underwater last year. It came out of the same site that I found the Stoddard Double Eagle 1/2 pint... take a look[8|]

Wayne

Wu62295.jpg

Attachments

• Wu62295.jpg
    Wu62295.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 75

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Old style Donald Duck coin bank! It has Walt Disney productions 22-WD-10 on te bottom. I haven't been able to find out much about it, and it has a small chip in the base, that I bet could be fixed up pretty easy...

Wayne

Fd91024.jpg

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1