Most valuable acl soda bottle in your area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
8 3/4" tall clear glass machine made ACL crown top soda bottle. PORT BOTTLING WORKS GOOSE CREEK, TEXAS with picture of ship in red & white on front label, PORT BEVERAGES on shoulders, ... PORT BOTTLING WORKS GOOSE CREEK, TEXAS on back. The town of Goose Creek no longer exists, it became part of Baytown, Texas in 1948, so this bottle predates that.
There are 2 different sizes.

Note: there is a bottle from Beaumont. Texas from Uneeda Bottling that has the same ship logo. They must have bought out Port Bottling Works Co. I guess

Listed in Rick Sweeney's book as Extremely Rare. Two examples on WorthPoint, both from 2013, one sold for $72.00 and the other sold for $172.00.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I've decided to experiment with one page from the ACL book and see how long it takes me to look up each bottle and then insert the approximate values under each picture. There are 25 bottles pictured on each page, and I will be experimenting with the page that list the most R/VR/ER bottles. So if you don't hear back from me in a week from now, then you'll know this was a bad idea and will require a lot more time than I am able to devote to it.

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
A friend of mine sol the 12 oz for approx $400 a few months ago.
Price for 7oz is a little cheaper now.
I favorite Goose Creek bottle is below. The bottom has a Goose on the bottom.

I've decided to experiment with one page from the ACL book and see how long it takes me to look up each bottle and then insert the approximate values under each picture. There are 25 bottles pictured on each page, and I will be experimenting with the page that list the most R/VR/ER bottles. So if you don't hear back from me in a week from now, then you'll know this was a bad idea and will require a lot more time than I am able to devote to it.

Attachments

• goose creek2.jpg
    goose creek2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 124
  • goose creek4.jpg
    goose creek4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 128

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Follow up ...

I'm beginning to think this is a bad idea because its taking me about five minutes per bottle, times 25 bottles per page equals about two hours per page, times 48 pages equals 96 hours, times three hours a day equals 32 days. And at three hours a day for a month is like asking me to ...

(Let me do a little more experimenting before I finish that last sentence) :eek:

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
PS, if you want to know about any Dr Pepper bottles, I helped write The Dr Pepper Bottle Bood & Price Guide, also any info on Morrison's Old Corner Drugstore in Waco where Dr Pepper was born in 1885, I was writing a book on it also. DP is one year earlier than Coca-Cola, Doyle Bailey

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
PS, if you want to know about any Dr Pepper bottles, I helped write The Dr Pepper Bottle Bood & Price Guide, also any info on Morrison's Old Corner Drugstore in Waco where Dr Pepper was born in 1885, I was writing a book on it also. DP is one year earlier than Coca-Cola, Doyle Bailey

I can't speak for everyone, but because I'm hoping to limit this thread to ACL bottles only, the only DR. Pepper acls I can think of that are considered rare might be the bottle cap example and the so called candy stripe example. If you have current values on those it would be helpful. Thanks!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Follow up ...

I'm beginning to think this is a bad idea because its taking me about five minutes per bottle, times 25 bottles per page equals about two hours per page, times 48 pages equals 96 hours, times three hours a day equals 32 days. And at three hours a day for a month is like asking me to ...

(Let me do a little more experimenting before I finish that last sentence) :eek:

On second thought, if I eliminate the common bottles and focus only on the R/VR/ER bottles, then it will reduce the time dramatically and at least give us some idea what the rarer bottles have been selling for in recent years. I think most of us will agree that its the rarer bottles that best qualify for the "sleepers" I keep referring to.

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
Bottle cap bottle came in 3 sizes, prices now, is what you have pay.
Candy strip came in 3 variations, and you will probably not to be able to find any, if you do, pay as desired, but dig deep, LOL

Attachments

• Bottle.jpg
    Bottle.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Candy stripe.jpg
    Candy stripe.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 134

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
t.b.m.2

Thanks!

There are several listings for the Dr. Pepper "candy stripe" bottle on Worthpoint - the two most recent examples sold for ...

2014 @ $900
2015 @ $1,250

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen