Motherload!!! Day Two of trash pit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Thanks Steamfitter. Swiz, I'm not sure if they are Excelcior Bottles I'll let you know what's on the base asap. I would think they were probaby a Pitts. Glass House given our proximity to this city.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
RE: Motherload!!! Day Two of trash pit(continues)

By the way Mr. Shovel I'm doing extensive landscaping not destroying,GEESH! Actuall they are quite happy to have the rodent problem done away with. This yard was a bigger mess before I started on it, if you can believe that.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score

bottlenutboy

Reaction score

how do you manage to do it zane? i just cant figure out how you manage to find one of the biggest dumps i know of off hand i guess around here they are pretty scarce i havent found any that were even comparable in size not to mention quality or age most of the ones left here are 40s thru 50s and some even newer i just dont see how you do it

tiqhuntr

Reaction score

Zane, Man, thanks for the memories. Back in '71 my partner and I located a site in one of the oldest towns around that was a resort around the turn of the century. It took us months to dig it and never finished it. The owners just got tired of us "moving dirt". My, I found some great dumps back in the 60's and 70's. In the mid 60"s I located a Vets dump site that had Pontiled cobalts with ground glass stoppers in excellent condition. One of them had an object in it that smells like clove. Yes it still has a fresh strong odor after all these years. Another time my partner located a site that was where the owners had empted their grandfathers general store and it was a mother lode. Wow, you will really treasure this site, it will be just as much fun 40 years from now as mine are today. I could go on and on about the old days. That is all we old guys have a lot of any more, memories. Thank you for sharing it and giving all "dump divers" the hopes of, or the memories of : "The Mother Load". GREAT JOB! Earl

zanes_antiques

Reaction score

This should have been the first post on this thread. This was the day that started it all!

Finally The first thread posted from that dig was under a different name and I just ran across it. I think it's important to keep all of these posts and different threads together.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_75531/mpage_1/key_Kalamazoo%252CMich%252E/tm.htm#75531

chrisboyles

Reaction score

Hey there, are you still having people up your way to dis because i would love to come. I live about 5 hours away and it would be well woth the trip. Let me know. Thanks
chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday