Moving to Guelph, Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm moving to Guelph, Ontario - that's in Canada for our friends to the south - and have already scouted some possibilities but have left my digging partners behind. Anyone, besides me, live to dig out here? I still have a pretty good honey hole in Brampton but that's gonna be an hour's drive away now.

Of course, I could resign myself to digging and finding all the super rare, ultimate life time, million dollar bottles out here alone. [8|]

Brian

bne74honda

Reaction score
Gordon,

yeah....we seem to be a rare breed up here. Oh well, I still love getting out and dirty - alone or not. Good hunting!

Brian

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Brian,

Good luck with the move. You're gonna be just in time for the party.

"April 23, 2012 (Monday) ... Happy Birthday! Guelph turns 185." From.

history_image.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
i'm from muskoka , ontario . never dug that far south . i've dug a few dumps on property my parents own and on some others nearby . also recent found a couple older dumps along an abandoned highway , one was from the 40's . and checked out a few public parks , at one near a lookout i've found alot of older bottles ( from 30's -60's ) however all have been broken at least the ones that were any good . also found a dump near an older farm that is rate beside a lake , however will need to get owners permission to remove the bottles for which there is many from what i've seen.

luckiest

Reaction score
Guelph is an awesome town to dig in, there's some great bottles from there!

bottlebugbit

Reaction score
I'm in Everett,and would love to hook up sometime, but I work a lot and don't get much time off. Keep me in mind though if you don't find anybody else over there. [:)]

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hey Bottlebugbit,

I know of a number of good sites in the AllistonBarrie area, having lived there for better than 25 years. Maybe we could hook up some time and I could show you around a bit. I only work 12 days a month so have plenty of time off - I'm sure we could find a time we're both available.

There's a spot just off the 11th concession near Alliston, another at the top end of Bayfield St. in Barrie, another just north of Georgian Downs, another in Shanty Bay, another right off Yonge St. by the new GO station...

The material differs considerably from site to site but I've dug poisons, ales, meds, jars....lots of stuff. At least a couple of these are in danger of disappearing fairly soon due to sprawl but they all have something left. I even dug a front bumper off a late 60's VW Bug at one site!

Anyhow, let me know when you next have some time off and maybe we can meet. I am somewhat busy over the next few weeks as I'm moving July 1st but am sure I could manage some time off to dig...hehe. I do have occasion to travel to Barrie as my kids are there with their mother.

How long have you been digging? I only started digging about 8 years ago but have collected for over 40. Don't let that fool you though - I didn't begin my bottle education till about 2004, when I signed up here.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter