Moving to Guelph, Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hey Bixel,

You're not far at all really - considering I have friends in London who deserve a visit! Once I get somewhat settled-in here I'll turn my attention to digging and maybe we can mess around in the dirt sometime.

Brian

RCO

Reaction score
i'm only an hour north of barrie and get down there often , i've not been to any of those exact sites before . like to check them out especially if there in danger of being paved over by new subdivisons . could you message me the exact location of one or 2 of them so i could check them out next time i'm down there ? i'm familar with the general area but not exact place to start digging

Lynette

Reaction score
Hi, decided to log into this site and saw that you have recently moved to Guelph....that's a huge move for you considering you have been in and around Barrie for as long as you had.

Guelph is an amazing historical town, you should find some good digging sites.

I noticed you mentioned some area's around Brampton that you have dug....care to share those area's with me ????

I haven't been digging in ages, last time was behind Georgian downs when I picked up a lot of NDNR bottles.

Hope you are keeping well.
Lynette

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hi Lynette,

good to hear from you and that you made it to Georgian Downs site. There's one particular site in Brampton where I dug and it produced well but I think my one hole is nearly exhausted - it's about 10' x 10' and I've gone down about 4 feet. However, I do feel there may still be more to the right and/or left of it. I pulled many dark green 3 pc mold ales and others from there. If you are interested, pm me and I'll send you directions.

I haven't had a chance to look around Guelph yet but feel it's going to be good and bad. Good 'cause it's an old town with a strong medical and veterinarian background and bad because it's all rock - everywhere! rock rock rock.....glass doesn't like rock.

Don't discount the Jane St dump - I've been going there, off and on, for a good 6 years and am never disappointed (too much). That site has hardly been touched at all and, as you know, is over 5 acres in size.

Hope you're keeping well, Lynette and I hope to see you here more often.

Brian

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles