Mrs Dr Sacor Cobalt Medicine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Monsonant

Reaction score
Bought this out of a house today . I first saw this particular bottle about 5 years ago when buying some antiques from a local estate. It was not for sale at the time . The owner called last night and told me that they had a few items for me to look at , this bottle was among the items . I dug and still have the only other one of these I have ever seen about 20 or so years ago. It was a great little farm dump that yielded quite a few pontiled bottles.
This Bottle is about 9 1/2 " with a nice tooled lip and embossed Mrs. Dr. Sacor Boston Mass My question does anybody know anything about Mrs. Sacor , What the product was and who made the bottle .
It reminds me of the C A Richards 99 Washington St Boston . It can be seen here http://www.jeffnholantiquebottles.com/webpages/Item2268.html
The C A Richards is most often attributed to the Stoddard works but reportedly embossed Panels have been found at the Westford Glass Works site in Ct . To my knowledge Neither glass house produced any cobalt glass , Am I correct ?
Dave A

Ca80804.jpg

Attachments

• Ca80804.jpg
    Ca80804.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 57

David E

Reaction score
Hi Dave I have nothing on Sacor and no mention of her amonst C.A. Richard records, but have details on CA Richards (a lot) 1867 TO 1883. Let me know if you need this.

Dave

amblypygi

Reaction score
Hi,
I can't find any listing for either spelling, but it looks to me like the embossing is SECOR rather than SACOR. Could just be bad eyes on my part, but if not that might help your search.

Sean

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Dave A. !
Nice bottle !
It must be quite scarce , as it only shows one example selling at public auction and that was in 1996.
MRS. DR. SECOR / BOSTON MASS. 11/96 GW : Cobalt blue , 9 5/8" high, smooth base ,Tooled mouth , Perfect ..... $ 143.00
Good find ! Brian

Monsonant

Reaction score
Thanks Sean , You are correct ..I did all my research using the correct spelling . Only could find two auctions results one from 92 and one for 96 . I am more interested in history of the bottle and product than value . Dave A

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123