my balls are two different sizes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Matt...

I got a couple of them... but I didn't treat them right and they broke into pieces. I soaked them in fresh water for a while but they cracked and broke into smaller pieces.

I guess that can happen to old, salt water soaked, rusty balls...[:eek:]

Wayne

PS... I can take a picture of my balls and post them, that way you can see what I mean about my breaking balls...

jerseybones

Reaction score
Hey Matt, if you didnt dig them near Gettysburg or Hanover then you may have a tuff time attaching them to a particular event. If you dug them in reasonably dry ground they look rough enough to possibly be pre civil war. You need to research the area that you found them in. With provinance probably worth 150 or a bit more. Without, say about 40 or 50. Wayne is correct though, without treatment they will probably fall apart so follow the websites directions and get that electrolisys going pretty soon. ps sorry your balls fell apart Wayne. Would like to dig with you sometime Matt, have all the gear for them deep Phili privies, Would be great to get some dives in with you Wayne also.

capsoda

Reaction score
Wayne just leaves his old crusty balls laying around, thats why they fell apart.

Hey Matt, My younger bro Found a few balls while working on a construction site many years ago.{ the mid 1970s} Our boss said he didn't care what we did with them Just move them so we loaded them to the top of the bed on a 1 ton dump bed truck and gave them to the museum. Thank god for dump beds. It almost killed us loading them.

There were BIG balls and tiny balls and balls with chain on them and balls on a rod. Somewhere around 1200 balls in all. Scared hell out of the museum guy but he took them.[&:]

I kept a few but someone stoled my balls.[X(]

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
jerseyboness...we will dig...ill scope places out...

take pics of your balls.

cap...someone stole em? i guess i wont ask...do you have plastic ones in place of your old ones?

oh mannn...the admin is sooo gonna delete this post lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday