My Bee Bottle is in Thomas J. Wieckowski's new book.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: FloridaRecycled

That is SOOOO cool!  Do you have a story/video here or on the net about the dig where you found that - with maybe some more pics?

Congrats...!

I only took a few pix the day of the dig.Most of the pix I took,were when it was cleaned up. Here is a dirty Bee lol
its a bit blurry

6407E1DC5DB54A80AFAB72E30DBA2703.jpg

Attachments

• 6407E1DC5DB54A80AFAB72E30DBA2703.jpg
    6407E1DC5DB54A80AFAB72E30DBA2703.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 60

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!

Now from the story...it talked about his specialty product was leather...I can only assume that this bottle is from honey - right? Thank goodness that wasn't one of the things listed that they said he couldn't do! What a woohoo that guy was!

It's really a great bottle - and very detailed - I like that! ...and you've not seen it in any other book? We'll just have to be "busy bee's" and try and find another! Surely it has family out there (LOL)!

I just love all the digging stories - adventures - etc...and so appreciate everyone that shares them! We need to come up with a "BUMPER STICKER" for diggers...we can sell it for site support! Any idea's???

Jim

Reaction score
Way to go, Rick! I love it when I am able to contribute to the study of local history like that. Now, Mr. Bee can be the buzz of the town, and everyone can see how cool he looks. That is one of the most interesting and detailed figural bottles I have seen. Bzzzzz.... ~Jim

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: FloridaRecycled

Thanks for the pics!

Now from the story...it talked about his specialty product was leather...I can only assume that this bottle is from honey - right?  Thank goodness that wasn't one of the things listed that they said he couldn't do!  What a woohoo that guy was!

It's really a great bottle - and very detailed - I like that! ...and you've not seen it in any other book?   We'll just have to be "busy bee's" and try and find another!  Surely it has family out there (LOL)!

I just love all the digging stories - adventures - etc...and so appreciate everyone that shares them!  We need to come up with a "BUMPER STICKER" for diggers...we can sell it for site support!  Any idea's???

I guess there wasn't a whole lot of info on Selser when he was in his honey hay days.The guy wrote what he had researched,and I guess that was all he found out.I thought the same thing ,goat leather gloves?? lol
"Life is like a privy you don't know what your going to get until the end"
Thats my sticker :)

Jim

Reaction score
Rained out all weekend [:mad:]. We have that stoney waiting, hopefully the weather cooperates and we can dig it this weekend. ~Jim

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
It rained here later in the day on sat we made it out to do some metal detecting with the Badger and his friend John.Got a few cool items.CW button,barber dime and a weird metal coupon from the 1920s.
(Good for 14 dollars off 10 gallons of Davis ever bright paint) I always get the weird s!@#$%t lol

RedGinger

Reaction score
Rick, I tried to watch the vid, but you know my comp. Anyway, sounds like some good finds detecting! It's fun to mix it up sometimes.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Antiquenut

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

It doesn't really matter,it will be on the shelf a while.[:D]

That is really great Rick! That book would make an excellent backdrop for the bottle.(now get the book signed)[;)]Congratulations,you made history!

It was signed when Tom mailed it to me.
It is a pretty interesting little town Wyncote Pa.
Yeah yeah I read book's once in a while [8D]

Thomas J Wieckowski
Making Marathon
A history of early Wyncote
INFINITY Publishing co
www.buybooksontheweb.com
Toll Free (877) BUY BOOK

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads