My Big find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Brad -
Nice discovery! I do know the feeling. I made a little bit larger haul like this years ago in an attic. A brief story w/ some examples of each is on my website. We sold most of them for a good chunk of money, but could have done much better. Here's a link:

http://members.aol.com/meechuta/bier.html

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
Hi Nice finds by both of you its true Old cans are worth a second look or picking up. A Centlivre in nice shape is worth $1000s there are countless cans worth alot.
Here is my find under a crawl space............

IM003013.jpg

as well as a neat bottle find on Sylvan lake...............
IM003106.jpg

and here is what i collect anyone have any?

IM003083-2.jpg

oldcrownbock

Reaction score
Hi Sizzle not real sure I was wondering a little about it here is front of it.
Says "for pikes peak" Old Rye
I build concrete seawalls and bottles are always showing up mostly 1900s and newer.I found this one digging into bank to make a swimming area on Sylvan Lake.
seams there was a old train depot in that spot.Also fround a libery nickel there as well.
besides bottles I found a IU class ring,model T parts,and a host of other things.in other lakes

IM003100-2.jpg

This is from Snow Lake I love old beer cans as well....................
IM002750.jpg

and on Sylvan again a 1950s Berghoff bottle just before they closed 1953...............
IM002747.jpg

swizzle

Reaction score
Pikes Peak is a pretty good bottle. I'll give you a nice crisp new $20 bill for it. Just don't research it any farther or you might ask for quite a bit more. [8|] Swizzle

WMassPete

Reaction score
do you have a good before-and-after can soaking picture - I used to have a few saved on my computer but cant seem to find them - I think some of the readers might find it interesting

swizzle

Reaction score
I would like to see how you restore old cans. That does seem like it'd be a very interesting process. Swizzle

card

Reaction score
What a great find!! I also collect cans along with my bottles. The Acme beer can is a great find. Congratulations!!! [;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles