MY Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
Ebay is a good way to find values but just because someone is asking $30. doesn't mean the bottle is worth that. The wine bottle you describe would sell for about $5.00 at the most. Try looking at bottles that actually sold under Advanced Search.
The bottles you have described so far don't sound like they have much value but if there are some embossed soda bottles or milk bottles they might be more interesting to collectors.

Clam

Reaction score
Try not to get too excited about the wine bottle we throw them away around here, I could show you where there about 60 of them.

St0rm

Reaction score
I know they aren't worth much. But the blue Vick's Vaporub bottle I actually found to be $18. Blue is the most valuable color (I think). I am really interested in the Drene cologne bottle. (I think it is cologne). Also I am trying to find out what the "L." in L. Bros. means (yes I do know what the Bros. means) I was tols by the member of the club that if I could sell any of my bottles at all for money, jump on that deal. Those wine bottles may not be worth $30, but at least they are worth something. The last two bottles I am interested in selling are the Vi Jovi Laboratories bottle and my Ball Perfect Mason jar.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: St0rm

I know they aren't worth much. But the blue Vick's Vaporub bottle I actually found to be $18. Blue is the most valuable color (I think). I am really interested in the Drene cologne bottle. (I think it is cologne). Also I am trying to find out what the "L." in L. Bros. means (yes I do know what the Bros. means) I was tols by the member of the club that if I could sell any of my bottles at all for money, jump on that deal. Those wine bottles may not be worth $30, but at least they are worth something. The last two bottles I am interested in selling are the Vi Jovi Laboratories bottle and my Ball Perfect Mason jar.
St0rm, bottles are worth something if there is a market for them or if someone has a personal attachment to them. In other words, if you are just starting out in the hobby, those bottles might mean a lot to you and therefore hold some value, but the thing is, bottles from that time period are extremely plentiful and not really saught after by collectors. If I were you I would pick out a few nice ones, find yourself a nice little shelf or windowsill, and enjoy them yourself. The Vick's Vaporub really has no value. Blue is the most common color for those bottles, therefore, it is not a valuable color. Just like the cobalt blue bromo seltzers, they are extremely common and almost always come in blue, if you find one in a different color variation other than blue, then you might have something with a little value. The wine bottle you described, really not worth anything. You might be able to sell them in a yard sell if you do something "artsy" with them or put some flowers in them or something. The Vi Jovi bottle I have never heard of, but if it is from the same period, it's likely not valuable. The Ball Perfect Mason, a buck or two in yard sale if your lucky. There are some valuable bottles from that time period but they are few and far between. You really need to post a close-up, group shot of your bottles so someone here can look and see if they can pick out one or two that might be worth keeping. Otherwise, enjoy them until you can advance your collection.

glass man

Reaction score
One jar has the finger sign of peace
IN THE 30S THE PEACE SIGN WAS NOT AROUND YET.TRUST ME THAT IS VERY 60S! THE FINGERS WERE USED IN WORLD WAR 2 AS A VICTORY SIGN BY WINSTON CHURCHILL OF ENGLAND[FINGERS IN A "V" FORM 1941,SAME AS THE LATER PEACE SIGN],BUT WE ARE TALKING 30S UNLESS YOUR DUMP RUNS INTO THE 40S AND WW2. IN THAT CASE IT WOULD BE A COOL THING! WOULD LOVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF IT! JAMIE

#1twin

Reaction score
The only jar I have with what appears to be a piece sign, is a Kendall Motor Oil jar. It is a screw top from the same time frame as the stuff you dug. But it also has Kendall Motor Oil embossed on the base. Hope this helps. Marvin

Wilkie

Reaction score
I have bottles! YAY! Now where can I sell them and not get cheated?
If this is your concern then all I can say is go to eBay and see what you can get for 'em. They either sell or they don't. That way you can't feel like your being cheated because your letting the market decide.

St0rm

Reaction score
The only jar I have with what appears to be a piece sign, is a Kendall Motor Oil jar. It is a screw top from the same time frame as the stuff you dug. But it also has Kendall Motor Oil embossed on the base. Hope this helps. Marvin
Yeah! That's the same jar! How much is it worth
@Wilkie: I need to know their values before I can sell it on eBay

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause