My Collection! Help me pinpoint dates?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bevyn

Reaction score
UNKOWN (BOTTLE #1)
cimg1426bd9.jpg

This bottle has no writing on it, 7 in. long and 2 in. wide

KELLOGG'S (BOTTLE #2)
cimg1413xl0.jpg

This bottle is 4.5 in. long and 2.75 in. wide, has writting "Kellogg's" on the bottom

MC CORMICK & CO (BOTTLE #3)
cimg1417yz1.jpg

This bottle is 5 in. long and 1.5 in. wide, has "Mc Cormick & CO" written on it and "BALTIMORE" directly underneath it

UNKNOWN (BOTTLE #4)
cimg1419fe6.jpg

This bottle is 6 in. long and 2 in. wide, has no writing on it

WHITE HOUSE VINEGAR (BOTTLE #5)
cimg1420ve0.jpg

This bottle is 6 in. long and has a base diameter of 2.5 in., this bottle is in a cylnder shape and has "WHITE HOUSE", below it "BRAND", below that a picture of the white house and below that is "VINEGAR" printed on it

J.M. CLARK AND CO. (BOTTLE #6)
cimg1421az8.jpg

This bottle is brown and is 5.25 in. long and has a base diameter of 2.5 in., this cylnder shape and has "J.M. CLARK & CO." printed on it with "LOUISVILLE K.Y." directly following it

THE HYMAN PICKLE CO. (BOTTLE #7)
cimg1422si7.jpg

This bottle is clear and has a length of 5.25 in. and a base diameter of 2.5 in., "THE HYMAN PICKLE CO." and "LOUISVILLE, K.Y." is written on it

UNKNOWN (BOTTLE #8)
cimg1423bc4.jpg

This brown bottle is 4.5 in. long and is 1.5 in. wide

CARTERS (BOTTLE #9)
cimg1424uz0.jpg

This bottle is 2 in. long and 1.75 in. wide, has "CARTERS" written on the bottom

SYRUP PEPSIN (BOTTLE #10)
cimg1425ys9.jpg

This bottle is 7.25 in long and 2 in wide, has "DrW.B.Caldwell's Syrup Pepsin" written on it

And that is all to my bottle collection. I have found all of these bottles in the water on the river which my house is on. My property used to be a pinapple plantation, all of these bottles were found deeply buried in muck which perfectly preserved them. I have also found many metals, like old keys, antique silverware, gears, and much more. But furthermore, I would appreciate it if anyone could help me to possibly date these old bottles and provide an estimated price. Thanks!

Brains

Reaction score
i can tell you about the whitehouse...
It was made in the 1930's-40's by the hemingray glass Co. At muncie IN. Book for one is around $10-$15. Nice bottle[:)]

Bottleboy4419

Reaction score
hey bevyn i live near the water to where there is a ton of glass a lot of it is broken tho....how did u get things out of the deep muck? and how far down were they?

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
as usual guntherhess is spot on with the age and all of the unembossed bottles are worthless as far as monetary value goes and the caldwells syrup pepsin is a very common bottle also so its value is about $1-$2 maybe more if you found someone who just absolutely wanted it, i actually think i may be the only one who doesnt have one yet lol ,but back to valuing your bottles the whitehouse vinegar i have seen them forsale lots of times they are in shops around here for about $50 although the dont sell to well for that much, and i dont know about the pickle jars

p.s. sorry to have had to of been the bearer of bad news but thats just the way it goes......HAPPY DIGGING!!!!!!

marjorie040

Reaction score
Bottlenutboy,
Digging a privy in Charleston for the first time, I dug down about three feet and hit water....and quit.
The next day I brought a long handled garden claw type tool and began to find the bottles. We kept "fishing" eventhough it was a MESS....and continued until we were about 6 feet down and found some really cool bottles. A more learned digger later told us we should have expanded the hole and continued to search because the REALLY good stuff is about 10-15 feet down!!
Unfortunately I no longer have access to that privy!
The long handled garden fork type thing worked great though.
Just a tip from an inexperienced digger to access the muck!
Regards,
Marjorie

#1twin

Reaction score
Bevyn, Like others have pointed out, most of the stuff you found is common. The pickle and vinegar are the best of the lot. But where you found these things indicate you are in the right time frame for better stuff. Keep searching and welcome to the forum.

Marvin

bevyn

Reaction score
Thanks for everything

and to answer your question the way we got these out are throught prop dreging which is kinda dangerous to the bottles because it not only can break them and ruin their value but make glass go everywere... but if the bottles are in muck they most likely have muck in them, like the brown pickle jar had muck in it an was hit by our boats prop and broke but the muck reduced the shock and there was only a little chip

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The little amber pickle is nice, it is made between 1885 and 1896. Clark moved to New York after that date.
The Hyman pickle is also interesting and is listed as scarce.

bevyn

Reaction score
thats cool

im surpised noone said anytihng about the first bottle which i thought was the oldest... i took somemore pics of it... it has a really ruff texture and when under the light it kinda reflects greenish and purpleish colors

any comments?

picture001uq5.jpg

picture002xe5.jpg

picture004zp1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday