My favourite postman delivers again!....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
...and while I'm here... had this one recently as well. Does anyone else know of any sealed widemouth case bottles before? I don't... so felt i had to get it.

P1130056_zpsaa6abf4a.jpg

earlyglass

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello earlyglass - Mark, I am really impressed with these three pieces of early glass. The long straight neck on that first one would require a long blown form on the part of the bottlemaker, with a reheat of the end portion before the successful blow of the round body of the bottle. It would be interesting to see a picture of the empontilled mark because it looks like it goes up fairly deep in the bottom of the bottle. The wide base applied finish is neat and it would be interesting to study for the turn lines of the finishing tool used.
I too have studied a lot of case gins for the development of the mold changes required to accomplish faster production of the bottles needed. I hadn't seen a wide mouth case gin like that before and the seal makes it a real beauty to own. It would be interesting to analise the mold lines and vents used in the making of it.
Have you visited my homepage? I am about to look for yours. RED Mattjews

luckiest

Reaction score
That stoneware blows my mind! Congratulations!

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: earlyglasscollector

...and while I'm here... had this one recently as well. Does anyone else know of any sealed widemouth case bottles before? I don't... so felt i had to get it.

P1130056_zpsaa6abf4a.jpg

earlyglass
Great bottle, love it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75