My first hutch! and a odd NDNR

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bikegoon

Reaction score
Bittersweet.....the Hutch reads:
Dayton Bottling works, Dayton , O
On the back it reads "this bottle is never sold"
C @ CO LIM. NO....Somthing next to the end of that.

The other is an odd NDNR.

ANCHORR
Society Beverages, Dayton, ohio

The river is way low, found some others like a slick, A 16oz Barqs, a few busted milks.

Ahhh but the hutch...my lord I have been hunting for over two years just to find a piece of one!
And the plus for me is that its local.
Here is the big question, iTs a keeper to me regardless, but is it worth the effort and time to have it reparied and tumbled?
It is kinda a special bottle to me, what is the worth if it had been found in ...say...good condition..seeing that I have never seen one from dayton, and I live here.

But....

I freakin finally found one!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice about 20% of the top is busted at the blob.
Not bad, but not great.
Nice aqua color.
img0263zn1.jpg

img0264jm3.jpg

and here is the odd lil NDNR.

img0267jc0.jpg

appliedlips

Reaction score
Congrats on finding your first hutch.I have seen them is shops and don't think they bring a whole lot.I think there was atleast one in the Heart of Ohio antique mall in Springfield as of a couple weeks ago.The S is for a last name that I can't remember at the moment but will find out for you.You could have it tumbled and repaired but it would cost you much more than the bottle is worth.However,it is important to you so the worth of that bottle is up to you.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Good for ya and hopefully more in the future. I've found more broken than whole ones, ya wouldn't think they would break very easily!

bikegoon

Reaction score
Yeah! that thing weighs a freakin ton!
I think what I will do, is keep this one on the shelf, as is, then find one in mint, near mint to put alongside it.
See some digs are hard for me after the back surgery, I cannot hit privys anymore, so I just scratch out dumps along the rivers. so pickins can be tough sometimes, If I could hit those privys again, Im sure more hutches would pop up.

But I am happy...took long enough!

kastoo

Reaction score
that lip is easy to fix for display. just build a dam (curve tape inside lip and make sure it don't drip down and use clear epoxy) sand to right look and VOILA.

madman

Reaction score
hey man, i know about digging those river dumps, that hutch is cool and is a nice example, till ya get a new one, also the ndnr is nice looks earlier mike

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi, cool find on the hutch. as thick as the glass is on them, you wonder why they all seem to be broken. good luck on finding a whole one. cool ndnr. rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles