My first privy dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
Hooray! You did it! Nice collection there.

madman

Reaction score
oh youve got the fever now! nice pix! and some good finds! congrats i dug 3 privies last week and............ you done good!

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Looks like you had a pretty successful first privy dig. I'm looking to secure some permissions around here, hopefully.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Congrats!! Cant wait to see your bloomfield druggist cleaned up. Must have been such a thrill digging that quantity of glass. Nice to see some keepers come out.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey,...Good job. (a lot better results than we've been having lately..) Way to go!
m6.gif

Wheelah23

Reaction score
The masonry on this thing was superb. Tom was blown away by how perfect the big rocks on the bottom were... Of course, they were also really heavy! The wall is pretty much seamless. I'm glad the walls were stone, it made probing that much easier.

I'm sure there are more bottles left in the pit. Unfortunately, there was a ton of big rocks on the top that would make digging impossible. I have to figure most of them were the same 1910 junk I was pulling out. The good thing about the greenies is that they're all blown... And they're embossed, which is cool. The labeled one is very nice, you'll all be amazed I think...

I have no idea how all these bottles got there. They were sitting on top of the ash layer, mixed in with big rocks, and mostly exposed to the open air... It was like the homeowner brewed beer or something, then quit and stacked every one of his bottles in the privy when they filled it in. I can't explain the presence of the spring water bottles, I wonder why they were there...

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
It was like the homeowner brewed beer or something, then quit and stacked every one of his bottles in the privy when they filled it in. I can't explain the presence of the spring water bottles, I wonder why they were there...

Maybe it had someting to do with prohibition or something to do with temperence? Just a wild guess, because it almost seems like they were stashing them?...

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Intermediate...

824274BB40A54C65AB0BFA81A764CBC2.jpg

Congrats on a well planed first privy dig. You did good! love to see that labeled bottle after she's all cleaned up.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776