My mountain dew bottle....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cherise

Reaction score
Get the book when you can!...if all u collect is dew, it will become handy... there are tons of dew bottles & ones u wouldn't think are worth money can be.... some no name bottles can be just as rare... the bad part is that more people are starting to collect dew bottles, which can be good cause it will keep the value there... you just have to dig around...flea markets, garage sales, bottle shows, ebay ect..... i think i have around 35 hillbilly bottles & about 25 common 70's and 80's dew bottles.. i don't have the $$ either to buy alot of bottles...just set cash aside each month and pick up a new bottle from somewhere once every 2-3 months..unless it is a super deal & will splurge when i shouldn't!... its all in fun!

ORIGINAL: zecritr

oh so very nice great find

ring wear,oh well lol course I'm still a beginner and finaicialy less than i would prefer[sm=lol.gif][8|]
and wouild take anything i can get maybe someday get to upgrade but i like bottles with a story and that usually means less than pristine [:D]
So Want This Book Also

E309AD05A71D43C7A044FAB95B9432E8.jpg

cherise

Reaction score
not sure whats in the collectables mountain dew book... i have the mountain dew hillbilly bottle book..

ORIGINAL: cherise

Get the book when you can!...if all u collect is dew, it will become handy... there are tons of dew bottles & ones u wouldn't think are worth money can be.... some no name bottles can be just as rare... the bad part is that more people are starting to collect dew bottles, which can be good cause it will keep the value there... you just have to dig around...flea markets, garage sales, bottle shows, ebay ect..... i think i have around 35 hillbilly bottles & about 25 common 70's and 80's dew bottles.. i don't have the $$ either to buy alot of bottles...just set cash aside each month and pick up a new bottle from somewhere once every 2-3 months..unless it is a super deal & will splurge when i shouldn't!... its all in fun!

oh so very nice great find

ring wear,oh well lol course I'm still a beginner and finaicialy less than i would prefer[sm=lol.gif][8|]
and wouild take anything i can get maybe someday get to upgrade but i like bottles with a story and that usually means less than pristine [:D]
So Want This Book Also

E309AD05A71D43C7A044FAB95B9432E8.jpg

zecritr

Reaction score
Well i do collect inks and med's also mostly smalls and Mt.Dew in the Soda area, love just going out and loooking for whatever catchs my eye in the flea markets and antique stores and of course a wee bit of digging when i can. Which except for the Afri-Kola, i have gotten all my soda's from digging or maybe it's scavanging LMAO
Books When i can as i can,tis a neat trick to look at the pages i can for them on amazon,till i can.

iggyworf

Reaction score
It only took a week or two and I have become addicted to bottles. Mostly Pepsi & Dew. My girlfriend has over 200 different Coke bottles. Only a few real old ones though. I also am a low budget collector right now. Just picked up 5 other bottles for 18$. Will post pics soon. Must get that Dew book.
Peace
Rich

zecritr

Reaction score
A Friend i just made in the area's Has These Three HillBill's,Hope to get better pic's later (and hopefully talk him into cleaning them up a bity lol)
redtop056_zpsa6cfb4d7.jpg

redtop055_zpsdc56eeff.jpg

redtop053_zpsaf8361f2.jpg

cherise

Reaction score
picked up these 3 mountain dew bottles this last month... rare ones, my second ed broughton bottle...the white is stained, but what do you expect for 6 bucks...lol..

mountaindew035_zpsbd7e5893.jpg

cherise

Reaction score
here is my first ed broughton bottle... almost mint condition & still has some soda left in it..though it is a thick scum on the top..probably just going to open it up and dump it out...cap is solid rust anyways..

mountaindew036_zps5021b435.jpg

zecritr

Reaction score
lol what's a stain when it's 6 bucks,still have to get them :)
very nice pick up,love that cabinet in the background LOL very cool
Only been able to see a few lately,maybe i can talk him out of them or to at least clean them for him lol
they look worse in these pic's but they aren't really in that bad a shape just need a little cleaing up.
not sure on rarity or not on them just don't have the book yet lol they ain't biggies that i'm aware of yet though
redtop057_zpsec61265f.jpg

cherise

Reaction score
Thanks!...the ones u posted pictures of are still cool.!!.i just like them all and there is around like 900 bottles & they are all different!
the ed & gene are super common like 5 bucks (i have a ton of them)
fud & rufus is a common 15 bucks
daisy and clem is a common 15 bucks...
i have plenty of commons...i dont care if the are common or rare...i enjoy collecting them all..!
thats what it is about..!

lol what's a stain when it's 6 bucks,still have to get them :)
very nice pick up,love that cabinet in the background LOL very cool
Only been able to see a few lately,maybe i can talk him out of them or to at least clean them for him lol
they look worse in these pic's but they aren't really in that bad a shape just need a little cleaing up.
not sure on rarity or not on them just don't have the book yet lol they ain't biggies that i'm aware of yet though
redtop057_zpsec61265f.jpg

zecritr

Reaction score
cool thanks for the info,needed it for him and for me lol
will keep an eye out for you (after i get mine of course,more or less just starting on them also,love em though)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter