mystery milk bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Zuludaboy

Reaction score
Hello-
I found a bottle on my property and I cannot find any information about the bottle or the name of the farm printed on it. If anyone has any information about this bottle, please reply.
Here is the information that is on the bottle.[/align]
[/align]One Quart Liquid[/align]L.G. Schaum[/align]Then there is a big S in the center of the bottle.[/align]Then it says:[/align]Womelsdorf, PA.[/align]Registered 16B11[/align]Under the bottle- it has a 4 and a large S and MC.[/align]

Thanks for your help!
Judy [/align]

6C0AC84AEDFA4965922A978BC1915163.jpg

Attachments

• 6C0AC84AEDFA4965922A978BC1915163.jpg
    6C0AC84AEDFA4965922A978BC1915163.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 77

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
An ebay one that's long over was at least $50. It's a small town, about 3000 but if your from there you may know that.

Zuludaboy

Reaction score
The only thing that is near the neck of the bottle says:
Sealed 11PA. (printed in a circle the size of a quarter)
It has a circle on the back of the neck of the bottle but nothing is printed in it.

Zuludaboy

Reaction score
Do you remember anymore information about the bottle that sold on Ebay? It's like the farm never existed. It's weird. I live right next to Womeldorf, so I guess I could go snooping around the town hall or something.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
sometimes milk bottles were made for stores and creameries they aren't all from farms. That doesn't mean yours is but could be from a small store.

Zuludaboy

Reaction score
Womeldorf is 13 West of the City Reading, PA.
It is also near Lebanon, PA.
Wolmesdorf is in the area of the Mennonite community.
Does that help? Any suggestions who else could identify this bottle??
Age -Value- etc...

Zuludaboy

Reaction score
I have found out a ton of information about my "mystery dairy bottle". I spoke to the historian at the Womeldorf Historical Society. (who knew a small town like this would have a historical society)
The milk bottle is from a small farm in Womelsdorf that was only in business for 15 yrs. The bottle is dated from 1915-1930. 1930 is when the old farmer sold his property because he couldn't keep up due to his age.
The historian knows of one other bottle because the society club owns it. I know know where exactly the farm was in Womelsdorf. The mystery is over!!! Thanks for all of your help!! Judy
Now I have to figure out what to do with it-- keep it or selling it !!! I'm torn.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I would keep it, then see if you can get permission to search where the dairy used to be. Find some more and make a set, then sell your doubles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960