Naked Lady by the Side of the Road

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

leebran20

Reaction score
Hey gang: The crown on the left is a goodie I scored during my hunt today. Was driving up this old road where they trenched a ditch a while back and spied a bottle butt sticking out. Stopped The Troll, my digging van, and checked it out: Just a blank beer, but right next was the base showing of this baby.

I dug the lightning stopper to the right about three years ago, and though others have them too I feel very lucky to have the pair of "lady" bottles -- as we often call them here -- in my collection. These are favorites among many because of the superbly intricate engraving that went into making these molds. In case it's too difficult too make out, the Rubenesque beauty is joined by two cherubs at her feet and they're all amid a water fountain. Happy digging yall.

Yw67715.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67715.jpg
    Yw67715.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 89

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Those bottles are pretty cool, I like the embossing. Did you have to work very hard to get them? I went digging today for 4 hours and all I found was a lot of broken bottles. It was kind of sad really. There would have been some really good milks if they were whole. Oh B.T.W. I did make it to the swap meet before I left. I saw some bottles but nothing I was interested in, I did buy a delicious pineapple for $2 though. [:D] Happy Digging!

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey leebran20. Nice bottle, what I can see of it [&:]. You might want to try shooting a photo with BACKLIGHTING if you really want the embossing to be shown off [8D]. Go to the "photographing..." forum for a few ideas on getting the bottles details to pop out. The thread is "photographing bottles" started by 'bubbas dad'. Here's an example...Sorry to all who might see this as repetitive [:'(]. But I'm just trying to help everyone show off there bottles to their best advantage [sm=lol.gif]!

Vt57759.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57759.jpg
    Vt57759.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 90

leebran20

Reaction score
Glop: Thanks for the advice. Direct backlighting was too much for this clear bottle, but I adjusted it just to the side and it seems to have worked nicely. Hope you can check it out clearly after I post; the embossing truly is impressive.

Bryan: Glad you seemed to have had a nice time in Hawaii. I had to work some for the lightning stopper version, digging a dump site though not a deep one. This most recent crown I just lucked out and happened to catch the glimpse of the beer that was real near to it as I was driving by.

Take care.

Fd93449.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday