Nation Bottling Works Blob Beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldwestcollector

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Daryl. I've been lurking around here off and on and I really enjoy this site. Decided to sign up. I originally come from the Bay Area and as a kid me and my Dad used to go digging every weekend near Martinez California. I still have a few in my collection and since moving to Western Washington my digging activity has dropped off. I hit the yard sales though and once in a while come across some nice bottles. I came across a blob beer that I can't find much info on. Picked it up about 3 years ago for 30 bucks at a yard sale nearby and knew it was rare. What I have is a quart size National Bottling Works. What is different is the address and the lack of a star in the embossing. The address is 525 Grove Street. The embossing shows an eagle with the words trade mark and San Francisco and not to be sold under it. The ones I see all have a Fulton Street address also a star under the eagle. This one has no star. Any info would be appreciated. I'm sorry for the lousy photos and i'm looking forward to meeting some new friends here.

45A26840267A46DA96430A9E16C67FA6.jpg

Attachments

• 45A26840267A46DA96430A9E16C67FA6.jpg
    45A26840267A46DA96430A9E16C67FA6.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 65

botlguy

Reaction score
Hi Daryl. Welcome to the forums. You have come to a fine place to discuss bottles. There are lots of friendly, informative folks here.

Your bottle is listed in Byron & Vicky Martin's book on Western Beers (Copyright 1973) as #177 and called Very Rare. Their pricing system is woefully outdated, of course, but it looks like the quart should currently be a $100 + bottle in above average condition. It should have a wire bail & porcelain stopper clousure. There are many, many National Bottling Works variants, this perhaps the best.

There is a Bottle & Insulator show being held on March 23 at North Seattle Friends Church, 7740 25th Ave., Seattle, Wash. from 8:00 A.M. till 4:00 P.M. You can contact Gil Hedges at 206-218-7936 for additional information. Tell him I sent you. They are a very good helpful bunch, if you aren't treated well there I have ways of making them pay for that. [;)] Unfortunately I won't be able to make the 10 hour trip this year.

Good Luck, have fun.

epackage

Reaction score
Great looking bottle, thanks for sharing it and finally joining in the fun[;)]

oldwestcollector

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bottlguy, I will definitely be there in Seattle. There is a show for the WBCA coming up May 18th in Kent also. Need to Google the address again. Didn't know bout the Seattle one. I'm thinking of joining some clubs and doing some digging again. Springs almost here!

botlguy

Reaction score
I am quite familiar with the Western Washington collectors, be cautious who you deal with. PM me if you would like to talk, there are some terrific folks over there and some scoundrals. You'll meet some in Seattle, both kinds, but it's a REALLY good time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen