Nazi eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I recently listed a CPC ink bottle with a label, it did have a shallow lip chip but with the original label I had a bid of $19.99. Then all of a sudden eBay in their infinite wisdom removed my listing without giving a clear reason why. I called them, and the lady at the other end of the line could only tell me what was already on the email they had sent me, that it was significantly misrepresented and they had a report that it wasn`t authentic. That was last Thursday, they finally got back to me today saying only that they had a report that it wasn`t authentic, and that if I relisted it I could have my eBay privileges cut back or even suspended. Has anyone else here have this happen? I so much want to cancel my account and tell them where they can keep it, but I do most of my Bixby buying on there, plus until I find a full time job, it`s helping to pay the bills. I can`t believe that someone can report something like that and they`ll take their word for it and not give me a chance to defend myself.
A couple days before this happened I reported neat_o_auctions to eBay for selling common $5 medicine bottles with "excogitated" labels (reproduction, I had to look it up as I`m sure everyone else has to also!) for drugs that would make them $50 bottles. Has anybody run into this where if you report someone on eBay for something, it gets turned around and aimed at you instead? My authentic listing was yanked off, but these other people, Granny Fark`s Fantastic Finds, are still active and selling bottles with fake labels. Just curious if anybody else has run into anything like this before. Here`s a picture of my CPC ink that was reported as not being authentic.

BFB7070A21844631BC5FF2938F3E0633.jpg

Attachments

• BFB7070A21844631BC5FF2938F3E0633.jpg
    BFB7070A21844631BC5FF2938F3E0633.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 69

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I apologize to anybody out there who may be of Nazi heritage, it is very unfair and mean of me to compare you to such an evil entity as eBay!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I reported neat_o_auctions to eBay for selling common $5 medicine bottles with "excogitated" labels (reproduction, I had to look it up as I`m sure everyone else has to also!) for drugs that would make them $50 bottles. Has anybody run into this where if you report someone on eBay for something, it gets turned around and aimed at you instead? My authentic listing was yanked off, but these other people, Granny Fark`s Fantastic Finds

I have reported granny fark a number of times for their fakes. Never seemed to do any good. Fleabay seems pretty capricious in how they dole out auction policing.

One thing you have to keep in mind is the bottles category is a flea on the back of the ebay elephant. Probably more of a nuisance than a money maker in their eyes. They make their money from the blue tarp Chinese junk power sellers.

I would like to see a good continuous online bottle auction site be successful. A few people have made efforts at it but nothing seems to have taken off yet.

whittled

Reaction score
Wow! First of all you got ebay's phone number! I've been wanting that for years. Paypal has been great with every Q I had but ebay? Can I have that please?
I apologize, I just cant get past that right now.
I'll get back to you on the rest.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
It`s easy to get their number once you know how to do it. You have to get to a part where you are complaining or need to ask about something, I forgot exactly where I usually go, but there will be a button that says "contact eBay", you click on it, and it`ll give you a choice of chatting with them or phoning. They`ll give you a PIN that is only good for 15 minutes, so you have to be all prepared ahead of time. Now that I`m thinking about it, you can go to their A to Z list, and Contact eBay might be listed there also.

whittled

Reaction score
It used to be they were email only. I gave up trying years ago. This is great info. I hope I never need it.
I also hope you get it cleared in you favor.

beendiggin

Reaction score
That is lame, Bill. Good luck with that issue. I hate that Fark can auction bottles with fake labels, and even though they state they're fake, they do it in a misleading way. I don't get why E bay is ok with Fark.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I don`t get it either. I researched the Cross Pen Co. and they are still in business, I wonder if they thought that I was selling counterfeit Cross Pen merchandise without even bothering to look at it? I`m afraid to relist it too, because I have no idea who turned me in for it, they might spot it again and then according to eBay I`d be in deep doo-doo. Things like this are what make selling on eBay so interesting!

Jim

Reaction score
That's pretty bad, Bill. If it were not for the occasional item that I can't find elsewhere, I would have no use for eBay at all.

I have boxes of good, spare bottles that I could list and make hundreds. At one time, a lot of them went to eBay. Now, they can sit. I have listed nothing for two years, and never plan to list anything again. They force PayPal down your throat (more money for them), harass good sellers (like you, Bill) with utter nonsense and leave sellers no recourse against unfair negative feedback. Then, they let scumbags who have been banned from selling keep on coming back. I know of one thieven joker who has been banned THREE times for non-delivery of items and excessive negative feedback. He's still listing things almost daily [:mad:]. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229