Nazi eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ratzilla

Reaction score
A few years back I had a similar encounter with ebay...someone (never found out who, but have a real good idea) reported me and another guy to ebay as 'shill bidders', and because we had actually bid on each other's stuff(who in the bottle world doesn't?!) ebay cancelled all our auctions and suspended us. But... our protests probably helped, but I think the real influence was the people who regularly bid on our auctions- they were outraged - and let ebay know it through emails & whatever...net result - a week later Ebay un-suspended us & relisted all our cancelled auctions, with an apology. Moral of the story - go to ebay & show some support for Bob, if enough of us make noise, the idiots will listen...

Wangan

Reaction score
Bill,do you think its the same putz that justanolddigger has a problem with?You told him to mention your name to him.Sounds like something he would do.Just a thought.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
No, my listing was pulled last Thursday, which was before the big discussion on my friend with the two flasks. I did think about that though. It doesn`t bother me that I can`t relist the bottle, it`s the fact that they can just shut down a listing without even giving the seller a chance to defend themselves against the charges. If I was more internet and computer savvy I would start up an auction service just for antiques and collectibles, once something like that got going and the sellers were treated on an equal footing as the buyers, and with a low seller`s premium, it would be very successful.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wow. And I got away with selling dangerous explosive elemental chemicals?

WTF?

eBay is f'ing stupid. Not much you can do about it I guess. The juggernaut crushes all. Get out of the way or tack yourself to the wheels and enjoy the ride. Not much else you can do.

Sorry to hear about the problem but I have no useful advice. Hopefully it can be resolved.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
but I think the real influence was the people who regularly bid on our auctions- they were outraged - and let ebay know it through emails & whatever...net result - a week later Ebay un-suspended us & relisted all our cancelled auctions,
What the Fark, I can't find them anywhere.
If you want to try the above, I'll be happy to write ebay.

annie44

Reaction score
I would like to see a good continuous online bottle auction site be successful. A few people have made efforts at it but nothing seems to have taken off yet.
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

Me too! Not sure why this hasn't happened yet, but we really need it!!

Not sure why I can't use the quotes part of this forum right either, after several years on the site.....

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Reason number 6,321 that I stopped selling on eBay.

Sorry to read about this Bill - your label is OBVIOUSLY of the period.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It's a period label on a period bottle, and quite right. If my Dad didn't already have one with a label, I'd PM you and buy the thing off you.

Whoever said it's not correct is both an idiot on ink bottles and lacks enough to do with his/her time. If I complained to ebay about every wheaton flask sold as "1800s" or every Chapman Pharmacy aftermarket label that I saw (someone must have bought a truckload of these, Chapman Pharmacy Fairlee VT, and stuck them onto anything that didn't move), I'd never do any work... Don't like it, don't buy it.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: Bixby Bill

I recently listed a CPC ink bottle with a label, it did have a shallow lip chip but with the original label I had a bid of $19.99. Then all of a sudden eBay in their infinite wisdom removed my listing without giving a clear reason why. I called them, and the lady at the other end of the line could only tell me what was already on the email they had sent me, that it was significantly misrepresented and they had a report that it wasn`t authentic. That was last Thursday, they finally got back to me today saying only that they had a report that it wasn`t authentic, and that if I relisted it I could have my eBay privileges cut back or even suspended. Has anyone else here have this happen? I so much want to cancel my account and tell them where they can keep it, but I do most of my Bixby buying on there, plus until I find a full time job, it`s helping to pay the bills. I can`t believe that someone can report something like that and they`ll take their word for it and not give me a chance to defend myself.
A couple days before this happened I reported neat_o_auctions to eBay for selling common $5 medicine bottles with "excogitated" labels (reproduction, I had to look it up as I`m sure everyone else has to also!) for drugs that would make them $50 bottles. Has anybody run into this where if you report someone on eBay for something, it gets turned around and aimed at you instead? My authentic listing was yanked off, but these other people, Granny Fark`s Fantastic Finds, are still active and selling bottles with fake labels. Just curious if anybody else has run into anything like this before. Here`s a picture of my CPC ink that was reported as not being authentic.

BFB7070A21844631BC5FF2938F3E0633.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
You don't sell on "the bay" at all anymore Jeff? Too bad. Back in the day, you had some of the best high end stuff on there...

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229