Nazi eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
You are luckier than I was . I tried selling one of those old glass fire extinguishers on eBay , and they cancelled my auction stating I could not sell hazardous materials. I emailed them back and asked why they cancelled my auction when there was another seller selling a box of twelve . The never replied back and the other seller sold his without a hitch . Of course his feedback was twice as big as mine , probably the difference .

coboltmoon

Reaction score
From what I believe if you complain about someone’s auctions on ebay your listings get checked. If you post something in the ebay forum there are a couple of people who will check you listings to see if they can report you.

Here is the deal, it is very easy to break an ebay rule and not know it. Saying an item is like new can get your item pulled or any nazi reference. I had a vintage Louis Vuitton silver polish bag get pulled once. They said it was a fake, it was not but I never listed it again. The best thing to do is move on. I would list your ink again in 6 months if you still have it and want to sell it.

The first item ever pulled of mine was a Mcdonalds coffee stirrer. What a shame I was getting $10 a piece with a ton of traffic.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
Thanks everyone fopr your support. I do like the ink, so it`ll sit on my shelf for a while, unless it sells at our local Somers, CT club show at the end of next month. At least it didn`t happen with something that was going for some good money, now it`s just time to move on. But if someone does start a good online auction, let me know!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bixby Bill

Thanks everyone fopr your support. I do like the ink, so it`ll sit on my shelf for a while, unless it sells at our local Somers, CT club show at the end of next month. At least it didn`t happen with something that was going for some good money, now it`s just time to move on. But if someone does start a good online auction, let me know!
Bill if you want to send me pic's and details I'l be happy to list it for you thru my account to see if gets to stay and gets sold, just let me know....Jim

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Jim, but my sister a couple towns over has offered the same thing, but I think I`ll keep it for a while. I`ve always liked these CPC inks, so now I have a reason to keep it for a while. Unless someone has a nice Bixby to trade????[8|]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
My first canceled auction was an already 10 year old M&M® dispenser. I actually got an email from legal at the Marz® corp. stating the non use of ® and ™'s in the list. I re listed and stuffed the thing with them. I mean I added the stuff after plastic (just in case) and threw it in all over to be sure I was covered. I think I put some after "the" just in case they owned that too.
It just seamed real silly. What could happen, someone would buy M&M's® to put in it.

coboltmoon

Reaction score
Ebay will pull a listing that says looks like a Zippo lighter if the lighter is not a name brand Zippo.

tigue710

Reaction score
I can't stand eBay... But let's face it, the reason that a non eBay bottle auction site has not taking off is cause we don't all go there to buy bottles from eachother, we go there to try and snag a deal from a non bottle collector who wouldn't use a bottle only auction... Although George (bottleski) and a few others have great followings...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229