Nazi eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I'm thinking about an idea for a bottle sales alternative. Still working out the details. Its needs to be simple.

tigue710

Reaction score
I did a buiseness plan, created a site and worked out a working model but never moved ahead with it... Still got it on the back burner but the key ingredient is unavailable. It's very simple, and ideally a non profit, except for small maintainance fee

Wangan

Reaction score
I have said this same thing right along but I was told it would be way too hard to make your own equivalent of EBay.I thought there was a member here who had a site that sold bottles and I thought they were pretty reasonable too.I can`t remember who it was or if they still do it.I think it`s a good idea and anybody who would give EBay some competition,even a scaled down model,would probably do alright considering all the problems I`ve heard about on here.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I'm not considering an auction format, more like a simple "craigslist like" clearing house for bottles. Think "very simple"[;)] Listing would be free. I just need to decide if I want to invest the bandwidth cost for it.

div2roty

Reaction score
I have said this same thing right along but I was told it would be way too hard to make your own equivalent of EBay.I thought there was a member here who had a site that sold bottles and I thought they were pretty reasonable too.I can`t remember who it was or if they still do it.I think it`s a good idea and anybody who would give EBay some competition,even a scaled down model,would probably do alright considering all the problems I`ve heard about on here

Dude was from Wisc right?

I doubt the computer code is that difficult, it would be getting the site off the ground. You would need lots of advertising money.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Many have tried and failed. Yahoo (good riddens). Garagesale.com, and others.
Except the mailing cost glassworks and others will still reign as the nearest equivalent and best alternative.
I think a start up will be taken as most likely worse than ebay unfortunately. It would be very difficult to gain a reputation beyond this community in time to make it sustainable, let alone profitable.
Trying to weed out the ex yahooers and bad ebayers would be a full time job.
Nice idea but...

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
i'm assuming unprofitable from the start. I dont make money on any of my bottle related activities. So nothing new there. I'm thinking small and simple, no grand plans.
A reputation just in this community would be fine.

LC

Reaction score
I had never heard of this site , went back to check it out . Did a search for bottles . Found some really nice Pepsi collectables , but boy , what prices ! But if you can get it , more power to you .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229