need a little ebay help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antlerman23

Reaction score
$15.55 to S.E. Minnesota! not bad at all! I was going to bid on it, but I remembered im saving for local stuff [&:]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Here's the price guide.
http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/DMM300/Notice123.pdf
and enter you zip code here.
http://postcalc.usps.gov/Zonecharts/

tigue710

Reaction score
56 something to California, that would drive me away from bidding. Its a beautiful demijohn.

Im showing I can ship an 8 pound box to Massachusetts from here for 27.01, and sometimes its cheaper to go with ups or fed-ex in these cases...

same price to ship to Rapid City

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I just went to the postal website and calculated a price to California and it showed $56. Are you just punching in a reg package? Most of the cost in this one is the oversized 24x12x12 package. UPS & Fed-ex aren't viable options for me, that's what you get for living in the boonies. I guess that is why I stay away from big bottles, you just about limit 1/2 your market. I like shipping inks & small meds, quick, easy, hardly any material, & cheap. Thanks for the help....Bill

diggerdirect

Reaction score
That $27.01 price is for commercial based priority mail. Being oversized (12x12x24) they are basing their fee on an 18 pound package ($56.20 to zone 8) going to zones 5-8 per DMM 423.1.6

Thats crazy, no wonder they are going out of business! [:mad:]

1.6 Dimensional Weight Price for Low-Density Parcels to Zones 5-8

Postage for parcels addressed for delivery to Zones 5-8 and exceeding 1 cubic foot (1,728 cubic inches) is based on the actual weight or the dimensional weight (as calculated in 1.6.1 or 1.6.2), whichever is greater.
1.6.1 Determining Dimensional Weight for Rectangular Parcels

Follow these steps to determine the dimensional weight for a rectangular parcel:

a. Measure the length, width, and height in inches. Round off (see 604.7.0) each measurement to the nearest whole inch.

b. Multiply the length by the width by the height.

c. If the result exceeds 1,728 cubic inches, divide the result by 194 and round up (see 604.7.0) to the next whole number to determine the dimensional weight in pounds.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter