Need help identifying this bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rluka

Reaction score
There is no seem on this bottle. It does appear to be blown. Im new to bottle collecting so Im not sure.
Any ideas as to the date/value? Also, how can I preserve the lable? Its slowly pealing and breaking away.
There arent any markings on the bottom.
Thanks..Ron L
bottle.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey rluka, Can't be sure but it looks like it has an applied finish. Could you get a close up of the top.

Go to your local office supply store and get some acid remover to tack out any corosive oils from handling and some spray on document protector. There are several brands.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, the lip finish looks English. I'd suspect a turn mold bottle from as early as 1870 to as late as WWI but most likely from about 1890-1910. Look for faint consentric rings around the bottle. If not real apparent look for rings on the base, like rings in a tree. It looks to perfect to be free blown.
Nice medicinal ale, though probably not the best way to treat an invalid.

rluka

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the top. Isit clear enough? And there are rings around the bottle.
Thanks for the info..Ron L
bottletop.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Whitehall Tatum listed a top like that {collared blob}untill around 1910 but yours looks applied and that would date it to the mid 1880s. Thats about the time the word peptonized came into being.

If it is an english bottle then I would have to agree with Eric. They were blowing bottles long after machines had started to take over in the US.

I would research the lable to find out.

rluka

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda
Go to your local office supply store and get some acid remover to tack out any corosive oils from handling and some spray on document protector. There are several brands.

I just bought two products by Krylon..One is called "Make It Acid Free" and the other is called "Protect It".
I guess they should get the job done.
Thanks again for the info..Ron L

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR