need help stuck perfume stopper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Need help
I have a perfume bottle from France on the bottom is etched Guarlain paris france bacarat with what looks like, a wine glass ,a bottle and playing cards . all are in an etched circle. the stopper is stuck in the bottle and i cant get it out. measurements are as follows H 4 .750 base to top of stopper . base to lip is 3.500, the bottle is half full of liquid. can anyone tell me how to remove a stuck stopper.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Dave, use the search feature at the top of this site. Type in: stuck stopper and click on the little box that says less precise match and read, read, read.........

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
I can tell you how to get a Glass stopper out of a glass bottle but if it breaks well it's broke. Hold it under running fairly hot water it will cause it to break free. I do it often but now and then I have had one to crack but about 98% of the time no problem. So you can make the call. bob

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Cobaltbot - Thank you for the advice. I am new to the site and am learning as I go and am not real handy at computer operation. I will do as you suggested. Thanks again.
Dave

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Bob thank you for the input. I tried the hot water thing and the stopper won't budge the bottle did not crack i guess its because the glass is heavy and thick. Thanks again for the help.
Dave

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Cobaltbot, Bob (digger mcdirt) and GuntherHess. thank you all for the great help that you gave me. The stopper is out, I packed the bottle in a food saver plastic vacuum bag, drew the air out, and heated it up in a pot of water just short of boiling. Then I tapped the stopper with the handle of a screwdriver and it poped right out.
Thanks again for the help.
Dave

sloughduck

Reaction score
Here's what I have had sucess with.WD40.Spray it on the area where the stopper meets the bottle.Let it sit a week.Wrap a rag around the stopper take some pliers grip the top and try to turn it,not forceful though.Didn't work apply wd40 again,let her sit another week ,then try again.This is called try ,try again.It took me 2 months for my first stopper,Its called just be patient and keep trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960