Need help with possible ink bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Conch times

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any info or even a pic of this possible ink bottle. I found it while digging in old town Key West.

Been awhile, I hope the pic comes though!

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey again Jay. GREAT hearing from you. From looking at my Watt White ink auction catalog I do not see an exact duplicate of your FABULOUS find but close enough to be sure in my own mind that it's an ink. Is it pontiled? I think you have a WINNER. If I remember correctly you favored inks, right?

2find4me

Reaction score
Wow, that thing is awesome! Does it have a pontil?

Macaco

Reaction score
Wow. Nice! What are the dimensions? The bottom looks like it was cast in sand or is that the fabric it is resting on that makes it look so rough? Please give us a look at the base.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I wondered about the base also. It could be a vase for a rose blosom or a corsage. It could have been a vase for a bulb setting on the top to let it grow. My wife is into rose bowls. Sl I will watch for more info. RED M

Conch times

Reaction score
Sorry bout the Lack of info fellas but I don't have much except that I pulled it from a dump site that gave up a lot of 1870 to 1900 stuff. It's smooth all the way around and has a spot that appears to be a pontil scar but it's so clean that I'm not sure.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Neat find. I assume it is glass! But it looks different than I would expect it to. The indent round mark, could have been from a punty rod application with a powder release assist. If you sell it let me know. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776